file New Triton two Plus

• boleary3's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 16
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
boleary3 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
I purchased my Triton II's the first year they were made. Since the I's arrived I've harbored the hope that GE would offer an upgrade for the II's. Am happy to hear that the cabinet remains the same and am very willing to swap out a little or a lot! Fingers and toes crossed that an upgrade path will be made available!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• boleary3's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 16
boleary3 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by boleary3. Reason: add more info info_outline
Just want to add this to what I said above: GE made fantastic sound available with the original Triton II's. I understand that in deciding whether to offer an upgrade one of the considerations is sales/profit? How much of the decision to produce the II+ was determined by an estimate of how many folks with the original II's would purchase the II+? Not being privy to what was decided, I just want to say that my II's have been fantastic, allowing me to address other parts of the system that were in need of attention. If GE decides not to offer an upgrade option for current II owners I can live with it. Profit margins being what they are. Anyway, here's to hoping!

System: Watercooled DIY music server, XXHighEnd Playback software, GE Triton II's, 30W per channel gainclone amp.

Brian O'Leary
Phoenixville, PA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, Umer Hameed

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Great feedback, Brian. I think it would be good for as many T2 owners that would be interested in an upgrade to express that here on the forum as a means of showing interest. I have no idea what type of marketing research would be involved in deciding on an updgrade, but significant interest being expressed here certainly couldn't hurt.

That said, I agree with you, the original T2s are still a great speaker! They sound the same today as they did a month ago before anyone even heard of the T2+. If an upgrade is never offered, current owners shouldn't be too disheartened. They still own an amazing speaker and GET is standing behind these speakers well after their warranty expires.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, Umer Hameed

• Umer Hameed's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 52
Umer Hameed Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Hey everyone!

Thank you for giving your inputs. So i think everyone on this thread agree and wait for the upgrade policy for the existing goldenear triton 2 owners by GET management. I strongly agree that triton 2 are the best for the bucks but when u know that u can buy even the improved version or the one which is more sonically close to the triton 1, one is dishearted to buy the triton 2 old verison at first place ( like the ones who bought it recently).

One more thing. I have not listened to triton 1 personally but have heard so many positive reviews. Just want to ask u , how sonically or overall triton 1 is improved from triton 2? With this i am trying to get the idea of triton 2+ performance vs old triton 2.

Actually if any other company offers the upgrade we usually consider it the marketing gimmicks and take it for granted. But goldenear have the pedigree and we have seen how honest this company is. So this breaks my heart even more becoz when they say triton 2 + is very much improved than the old triton, they very much mean it. And most probably it would be the reality.

P.S . i have recently upgraded to kimber 8tc and i must say, they make my speakers shine. So i agree with above coments also. Every little thing is necessary and one should also focus on other aspects of home theater system rather than just speakers to improve the overall sound.
Triton Two
Super Centre XL
Super Centre 3
Yamaha Rx V1900
Kimber 8 TC Speaker Cable
Oelbach Subwoofer Cable
Popcorn Hour V-ten
Logitech Harmony Ultimate Touch
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

I completely hope that this upgrade would only for profit. But unfortunately, i dont think that this would be the case. This is Goldenear . They are penetrating the market. Its not the time for that to porfit harvesting. They are building their brand image and being successfull in it. So i seriously think it would definately sound improvement and yes fingers crossed for the upgrade path.

Cheers
Triton Two
Super Centre XL
Super Centre 3
Yamaha Rx V1900
Oelbach Subwoofer Cable
Popcorn Hour V-ten

GDHAL wrote: Hey Umer Hameed, interesting topic/point. Just my two cents.... I recently purchased T1s in December (2015). Just prior to that (November) I spoke with Sandy and one of the specific questions I had was if GE was releasing an even "better" model (to the T1) in the foreseeable future. He assured me that was not the case. He didn't say anything about - nor did I ask about - other models. In a sense I can sympathize with your concern. However, based on the Moderators description of the T2+ model, it is situated "between" the T1 and T2 performance wise, however, supposedly they are also priced somewhere between the two as well. That should be comforting to an extent (i.e. you would really have a point if the model were improved and cost the same as the previous version).

Not to hijack this topic, but this is somewhat related and perhaps of further interest...

I have a few suggested improvements to the Triton Ones that ironically have nothing to do with the sound quality. I'd like to see these in a T1+ version (with a reasonable though small price increase). In fact, all the powered Tritons could likely benefit from the following. I'd also be interested in what other owners have to say regarding theoretical improvements.

- allen head screws with lock-washers (as opposed to phillips head with no washer)

- "feet" that can be screwed/manipulated to tweak the leveling +/- an inch

- precise decibel scale in .5 db increments (or less) on the power dial (as opposed to dots)

- reinforced sock/cover at the top 1.5 inches or so, with grommet eyelets that fit over a post independent of the top cap (top cap still covers it of course)

- amp goes to standby mode sooner (about half the time) when no audio signal

I'd be interested to understand the opinions of others in this regard as well. Also, I read somewhere that the Definitive Technologies of old used aluminum casing, and I understand this is superior. I'd be curious to understand what sonic benefits that would have on the Tritons and how much more it would cost.

Moderator and all others please note that I remain extremely satisfied with my purchase and continue to speak very highly of them at any opportunity. They simply are an outstanding value and sonically amazing.

I completely agree with your suggestions. Specially with .5 increasing level for the bass dial that would be very intersting and easy to use then.
Triton Two
Super Centre XL
Super Centre 3
Yamaha Rx V1900
Oelbach Subwoofer Cable
Popcorn Hour V-ten

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton two Plus