file Question re Triton 1 power amp / DSP algorithm

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 9 years 1 month ago

ArthurDaniels wrote: In an earlier thread, I believe that the Moderator stated that at Minimum Gain setting, the Triton One LFE amplifier should have no gain and, if I remember correctly, he also said that, at Minimum Gain, there should essentially be no contribution from the LFE amplifier in the One. But, in my setup, there is plenty of bass being emitted by my Ones with the gain control set to Minimum. Perhaps I have not correctly understood the Moderator's comments in that earlier thread.

Minimum is not "off", it is merely a set number of dB below "flat" (9dB I believe), which for the One should be at about 12:00 on the dial. This relates to use of speaker level inputs for full range signal. The actual level of LFE will be completely dependent on what the receiver does with that sub/LFE signal path. Properly setup, the receiver test tones should allow for proper balancing of the LFE channel as long as we are not doubling up signal content. If you are, which is certainly fine if you like control and/or results, but individual experimentation is all that can be offered for reaching a balanced result.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 1 month ago

chcmuzza wrote: Thanks to all for the complete and considered replies. I apologize if any offence was taken, certainly none was meant.

To clarify, I wasn't interested in the specific technical details of the DSP engine, I was trying to ensure best bang-for-the-buck in my power amp purchase by understanding whether better bass in = better bass out, or average bass in = better bass out. This helps me narrow the list of contenders.

I think the answer is the former, which is what I'd expect given the philosophy and technology behind the T1's.

Cheers

No worries, thanks. And yes, it has been everyone's experience that an amp's better sound does in fact extend its effect into the powered section of the Tritons. It simply reinforces our suggestion that quality over quantity is the way to get the best sound from your Tritons.

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 9 years 1 month ago

Moderator wrote:

ArthurDaniels wrote: In an earlier thread, I believe that the Moderator stated that at Minimum Gain setting, the Triton One LFE amplifier should have no gain and, if I remember correctly, he also said that, at Minimum Gain, there should essentially be no contribution from the LFE amplifier in the One. But, in my setup, there is plenty of bass being emitted by my Ones with the gain control set to Minimum. Perhaps I have not correctly understood the Moderator's comments in that earlier thread.

Minimum is not "off", it is merely a set number of dB below "flat" (9dB I believe), which for the One should be at about 12:00 on the dial. This relates to use of speaker level inputs for full range signal. The actual level of LFE will be completely dependent on what the receiver does with that sub/LFE signal path. Properly setup, the receiver test tones should allow for proper balancing of the LFE channel as long as we are not doubling up signal content. If you are, which is certainly fine if you like control and/or results, but individual experimentation is all that can be offered for reaching a balanced result.

Mr. Moderator,

Thanks for your response, which does answer my question about the gain when the Triton One LFE level control is set to Minimum.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Question re Triton 1 power amp / DSP algorithm