file CES 2015 and beyond-brainstorming future products

• Steveo's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 297
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Steveo Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Wow I have to say that Goldenear are looking very strong at the moment. The Triton 5s look amazing and look set to really clean up due to the sound output and the price point. Goldenear are doing an amazing job of bringing high end audio to the masses at an affordable level. Well done Sandy and Team! The Supersub xxl looks amazing too!

I was thinking due to GE having such an extensive range already it would be cool to brainstorm future ideas for products they could introduce on this forum for future shows. Here are some of my suggestions.

*A 'Lifestyle' sized 5.1 system to appease those Bose fanatics :) I am trying to steer my dad away from a Bose lifestyle system to a supersat 3 system for much cheaper. Maybe goldenear can shrink the supersat 3 even further somehow? Something to compete with the Paradigm Millennia One system even. I am not bashing but I think Bose are overpriced for the cheap components they use and have got away with it due to marketing. However their small size is a selling point for a lot of people and goldenear can really clean up here to appeal to the people where smaller is better (hey give me big size and Triton 1s anyday right??)

*In a similar vein create a 2.1 system designed for desktop computers. Use the same smaller sized speakers mentioned above and pair it with a future smaller Supersub L instead of the XXL just launched. The XL can be bundled with the lifestyle system I mentioned above.

*Power amplifiers? Or is this too left field for goldenear? Should we leave 'cheap and powerful' or bang for your buck to Emotiva?

*Headphones-Now I have heard rumours of this being under way already. What I would like to see is:
-Large overear cans to compete with Sennheiser hd 800 and Audeze lcd3 at a much lower price point the way GE do it with their speakers. These headphones I mention are super high end but have the price tag to match ($1600-$2200) Having an option of open and closed would be great here.

-High end portable noise cancelling headphones for travel and commute. Maybe with the option for wireless and Bluetooth. Over and and on ear here.

-Headphone buds

Finally a fully powered 'Active' Triton. When I saw fully powered I mean every driver has a built in amplifier similar to the powered subs found in the 1,2 and 3. This would eliminate the need for separate amplification. Imagine the actual tweeter having a built in 100w amplifier with sole duties to power the tweeter. Another 100w each for the two midrange drivers.

This idea is coming from a pair of Lenard Sarabandes (google them they are a tiny company in Australia) I heard many years ago. Let me tell you they got loud because they had so much built in power it was crazy and each channel was amped with 100watts like I said.

I think I read on another website someone commenting in an article that they spoke to Sandy and this was an idea he was looking to do a long time ago.

Feel free to comment on these ideas or suggest your own ideas as well. Goldenear is such a good company who knows we might see the ideas come to life by CES 2018 :)
Triton Ref Pair, Supercenter Ref, SS 3's surr
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm
Bel Canto REF600m L & R, Emotiva Xpa 5 Gen 3 for Center and rears
Subs 2xJTR 2400captivator
PS Audio P10
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe, fredting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• incidentflux's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 15
incidentflux Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Studio Monitors.

Powered, Active, Compact Nearfield, accurate desktop studio monitors for mixing, with bass extension options. For home use. An non-powered, passive version for those who prefer to use their choice of amps. For mixing studio use.

A coaxial design perhaps?
Realtek ALC1150, Audigy 2 ZS, Yamaha RX-A840, GoldenEar Triton Three (LR), Aiwa SX-N999 (FLR Presence), GoldenEar SuperSat 50C | QED, Bandridge, Real Cables | Samsung 5+ 60" Plasma | Creative Inspire T7700 | Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohms, Shure SE 215 | Sound Blaster Roar, ExoBT
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• icharis's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 29
icharis Posted 9 years 8 months ago
I would love to see the Studio Monitors for a PC :-) and I would like to see some of the work they have done on their ForceField internal Amps come out to play for everything.

• georgemrvossr's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 11
georgemrvossr Posted 9 years 7 months ago
I would love to see a Triton Reference.. in the $15k range maybe? Imagine what they could do! Maybe a new ribbon midrange similar to tweeter but larger ...

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 7 months ago
I'd like to see what kind of magic GoldenEar could create in a center channel in the $1,500 to $2,500 price range that would be more on par with the Triton Two and Triton One speakers. The SuperCenter XL is a perfect match to the Triton Seven but falls short of the Two and One, IMO. I would certainly upgrade and find a new home for my XL.
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 7 months ago
T Cobe,
You may well be right about what GEt could do with a higher priced center channel speaker. But I only have the SC X, the SC XL won't fit for me, and I love it. I have it powered with a really sweet hybrid tube/SS amp, but I am sure you have wonderful amps on your center too. I read elsewhere that you had trouble dialing in your center, perhaps that still needs more work, maybe it is your room? What do I know?
Just a mention, I am getting along very well with a smaller center than you. Obviously our mileage varies. ha ha
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers CES 2015 and beyond-brainstorming future products