file New Triton 2 towers

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Heck yeah, man, I use a sub with the Triton 2s. It is pretty hard to integrate it, get it to sound just right, so you will probably want to listen a long time without it, see if you really need it.
It is all part of the fun to make it all work together and get the sound YOU WANT.
No offense taken, we are all entitled to our own choice in music.
Roll over Beethoven!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• monsterzero's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 114
monsterzero Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by monsterzero. info_outline

The Trooper wrote: Monsterzero,

Thanks for the welcome. You know, when I started my quest for premium speakers, most of the forums indicated that folks used these speakers to listen to jazz, blues, etc - music that would bring out the quality in each instrument's note. I felt like an outsider, because no offense to anyone, I can't stand that kind of music. I love Iron Maiden (looks like you got the reference to my username:), AC/DC, Metallica as well as the "softer" stuff like Dire Straits, Eagles, CSNY, etc. But I digress, the KEF's really rocked and imo look kick ass without the grille. The T2s (again, imo) looks pretty ordinary, but I do recognize that it's the sound that matters.

Question for you folks out there - I know that these speakers do not require a sub, but I already have a Martin Logan Dynamo 500 sub. Do you think it will enhance the sound?

Later,
The Trooper

Trooper

much of it depends on the room size,speaker placement etc.....having a sub+T2s,though Iv not heard that combo with my own ears,would prolly be VERY sweet.Ive read other GE owners on other forums using subs,and they love it.

The only downer might be,as Wayne mentioned might be getting the sound to your liking right away.The beauty of the T2s is that theyre perfectly balanced to work together in harmony(pun def intended) tossing in a stand alone sub might unbalance the sound.Im actually thinking of getting some tactile transducers for my HT if I feel the bass is lacking for gaming and action films.

RE: metal

Of course I got the username/Maiden reference,any self proclaimed headbanger that doesnt know The Trooper isnt a metalhead.

One thing I think is worth mentioning about the GE speakers with metal is soundstage.Jazz,classical,acoustic,and mellow rock lends itself to imaging and soundstage,whereas metal really doesnt as it typically comes out as a solid wall of sound.Some metal(Maiden,Metallica,Ministry to name a few) have some songs and segments of songs where the GE will really show off the imaging and soundstage....listen to "One" by Metallica and you will def hear it,whereas if you listen to Judas Priest "Breaking The Law",not so much.

One of the reasons so many audiophiles that are into jazz/classical etc..opted for GEs is you can hear where the violinist was sitting when the track was produced,or where the sax was...was he/she stage right?stage left? You can actually hear it in good speakers like GE...with most metal you might hear a slight difference between them and say a less costly speaker(insert brand of your choice)but is it worth the price difference?Thats subjective.

For me the soundstage is what sold me on the GEs.I listen to many different types of music,so when I throw some Van Morrison or Pink Floyd or Bob Marley or Medicine Drum at the GEs I know they will image the music REAL well.

And BTW im also American ,and like Wayne I also live in Thailand...tho Wayne and I have yet to meet in person
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• The Trooper's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 10
The Trooper Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Guys,

So I picked up my T2s and Marantz SR7008 receiver along with a Marantz RX101 bluetooth device. Since I'm not very good with electronics, it took some time to set it up. When I did, the sound was amazing! Just as I was hoping - the only thing was that I had to turn up the volume past 30 to actually hear the music and only at 80 or so, did it rock (for my taste, that is). Do any of you guys face the same issue? I do understand that a lot would depend on the quality of the input - original cds vs TV vs phone, etc.

Not related to GE, the Marantz really heats up like hell, but is otherwise an attractive unit and does a great job!

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Hey The Trooper,
I am happy you have the goods there and you can get tunes, you must be doing something right!!!!
I just looked up that receiver, it is a monster, you should be very happy with it!!!!
I have no idea what the blue tooth is, and no time right now to research.
30 to 80 on volume does not tell me anything unless it is percent???? You should not have to play it at 80% to get loud with the T2s, nor would I think it would be getting all that hot. IF it is 80 out of 250 then no big deal, I just don't know what the scale is?
I would check the connections, are you using good interconnect cables, good speaker cables, or lamp wire? IF you have a bare wire connection (I would not recommend this) then make absolutely sure no wires are touching together, even a stray wire or two. Sorry, you probably already know all this. I don't mean to be pedantic.
Just trying to be helpful.
Then what are you playing music from? Can you connect a good CD or DVD player, something with a good strong "normal" level out just to check how much you have to turn up the volume?
Warm on the receiver is normal. REALLY hot is not.
Please tell us more.
I hope this helps, all the best, have fun listening.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: monsterzero

• The Trooper's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 10
The Trooper Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Hey Wayne,

You're not being pedantic, I appreciate your feedback. You're right, I should have provided some reference, so here goes - the volume on the receiver goes from 0 to 96, so yes, the sound becomes audible around the 25% mark and really sounds sweet around 80. I too thought that's too high. My connections are as follows:
1 left and right speakers in
2 hdmi cable from my cable tv box in
3 hdmi out from the receiver to the tv
4 connected a Bluetooth device (Marantz R101)

So I listen to music from my phone wirelessly and watch tv with the sound coming through the speakers. I've attached a picture of the inputs. Also, the receiver does get hot (not warm), and even 30 mts after I turned it off, it's still quite hot. So I'll call the dealer and see what he says.

Is Sandy the moderator? Pretty cool if he is. Wonder why he hasn't chimed in here:). Anyway, I'd welcome any feedback.

Later,
The Trooper
Attachments:

• monsterzero's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 114
monsterzero Posted 10 years 2 months ago
that receiver shouldnt need to be turned up to 80 out of 96 to rock....

I would suggest you post here:

www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps...-owner-s-thread.html

Im guessing you have a button pushed you shouldnt,or the reverse

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton 2 towers