file New Triton 2 towers

• The Trooper's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 10
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
The Trooper Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Hi,

This is my first post - just waiting to pick up my Triton 2s - can't wait! I got a demonstration at a dealer (I live in Canada) and absolutely loved them. My music is Classic Rock and Metal (turned up LOUD). I previously heard the Paradigms, wasn't too impressed and they were costlier than the T2s. I also heard the KEF R500s (if I recall correctly, around the same price as the T2s) and they were impressive. However, the T2s sounded better, so I went with them.

The question I have is - I heard these speakers in a relatively small room and as I said earlier, they rocked! However, my family room is around twice the size of the demo room and much higher ceilings, so I asked the dealer if that would affect the sound quality and he said (to my surprise) that they would sound better in a larger room!!

I know that I've already paid for the speakers, but is this true?

Thanks,
The Trooper
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Hey The Trooper,
Welcome, and congratulations on your amazing purchase!!!! You are gonna love the Triton 2s!!!!
Yes, I had the same thing happen to me, heard the T2s in too small a room, they did not have room to really get down.
And they can REALLY GET DOWN!!!!! Sounds like that is your kind of music.
Now they don't need a LOT of power to get down, because of the powered subs built in. And I would go for quality power over lots of power. BUT they do like power. I don't know how to explain it, but the built in subs only amplify what is sent to them. So if your amp is weak and not putting out much bass, then the T2s won't either. (That is not the technical explanation, but IMHO it works that way)
Do you know yet how you are gonna power these bad boys?
Anyway, when will you get them?
Pls report back and let us know how they sound in your bigger room?
And it is all for the music,
Happy listening,
God Bless and welcome here,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• monsterzero's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 114
monsterzero Posted 10 years 2 months ago

The Trooper wrote: Hi,

This is my first post - just waiting to pick up my Triton 2s - can't wait! I got a demonstration at a dealer (I live in Canada) and absolutely loved them. My music is Classic Rock and Metal (turned up LOUD). I previously heard the Paradigms, wasn't too impressed and they were costlier than the T2s. I also heard the KEF R500s (if I recall correctly, around the same price as the T2s) and they were impressive. However, the T2s sounded better, so I went with them.

The question I have is - I heard these speakers in a relatively small room and as I said earlier, they rocked! However, my family room is around twice the size of the demo room and much higher ceilings, so I asked the dealer if that would affect the sound quality and he said (to my surprise) that they would sound better in a larger room!!

I know that I've already paid for the speakers, but is this true?

Thanks,
The Trooper

Welcome to the club...good to be not the only rock/metalhead on the forum.

Check out some of my posts on The "Currently Playing" thread....

and if youre the Trooper than I guess im The Prodigal Son (metal insider humor)

I havent gotten my T2s yet but from what Ive heard so far you wont be disappointed

Wayne, my friend I've been reading posts on this forum, so I feel like I already know you. You're the guy who lives in Thailand, right?

What do you mean by "room to get down"? Sorry, I'm not an audiophile by any stretch of the imagination, but I suspect you mean that they do sound good in a larger room. So, unlike an audiophile who would normally go for an amp, I went with a receiver. I'm getting the Marantz SR7008. I get them tomorrow, will definitely report back on the sound.

Take care bro,
The Trooper

Monsterzero,

Thanks for the welcome. You know, when I started my quest for premium speakers, most of the forums indicated that folks used these speakers to listen to jazz, blues, etc - music that would bring out the quality in each instrument's note. I felt like an outsider, because no offense to anyone, I can't stand that kind of music. I love Iron Maiden (looks like you got the reference to my username:), AC/DC, Metallica as well as the "softer" stuff like Dire Straits, Eagles, CSNY, etc. But I digress, the KEF's really rocked and imo look kick ass without the grille. The T2s (again, imo) looks pretty ordinary, but I do recognize that it's the sound that matters.

Question for you folks out there - I know that these speakers do not require a sub, but I already have a Martin Logan Dynamo 500 sub. Do you think it will enhance the sound?

Later,
The Trooper

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Hey Bro Trooper,
Thanks for your post and yes, I am one of the guys on this forum who live in Thailand.
I am American though, and "get down" is an Americanism, which I probably should not use as I don't really know what it means.
Ha ha
Bro Anthem on here, "gets down" when he is dancing around the room listening to music.
Yes, I think I mean that they will have room to sing, that these bad boys can play loud and several of us think they sound best when played loud. You sorta need a larger room for them to really open up, play loud.
There is nothing wrong with a receiver at all, and the Marantz is probably a really good one. I think you are in for a really good time listening. Looks like you have done your homework, listened and made some very "sound" decisions. Pun intended.
Pls do report back on the sound. We all learn from each other here, and just enjoy knowing somebody else is hearing great tunes too.
Just one note, I did hear the Triton 2s demonstrated in a dealer's really BIG room, and they did sound fine, BUT he did not have their position dialed in very well at all. So don't be afraid of moving them around a LOT, trying different locations and angles, you don't have to be an "audiophile" to know when you got it sounding really great. Some times just a small movement of the speakers, or your listening position, can make a big difference and make the sound gel. [Don't get me wrong, people sitting in other positions, will get a GOOD sound, not just the 'sweet spot'] You want to be more or less able to "see/hear" a seamless wall of music in front of you, no holes, and pretty much see where the players are across that wall. Not all music is recorded well enough to do that, but usually the lead singer is smack in the middle.
I hope this helps,
Let us know,
Happy listening and fun trying to get it all set up properly, ENJOY,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Trooper

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton 2 towers