file How to drive Triton I based HT/2 channel system?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Hi Dwight,
Sorry, but I think you have me confused with T Cobe or fopmc.
They have the Triton Ones, I have Triton 2s. And I think one or both of them are running the Ones with Emotiva Amps.
I do have the Emotiva XMC-1 pre-processor. But that is all the Emo gear I have.
I run my T2s with Vincent SP-T800 hybrid tube and transistor, Class A amps for the first 20 wpc or so. This seems a good way to get the best of tubes and solid state too, IMHO. IF you can check Vincent out, I HIGHLY recommend them.
Wish I could afford the Triton Ones, I am happy for you that you have them and I am sure they are worthy of the BEST front end, source, Pre-amp or Processor and Amps that you can feed them with. They will surely reward you with AWESOME Sound!!!!!
I know they will because I love my T2s, and every one without a doubt prefers the Ones over them.
I hope this helps, happy listening,
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dwight's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 150
Dwight Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Hi Wayne

My apologies. I replied before my 2nd coffee. I cannot believe how much I love the T1's. I am listening to allot more 2 channel now & looking for monoblocks to drive the T1's. I have Emotiva XPA-3 driving them now but want some more headroom. My room is heavily treated so I always turn volume up to get that live performance feel. Just concerned about driving XPA-3 too hard.

Your take care

Cheers
Dwight
HT 7.3.4
Triton Ones
Triton One R
Super Sat 50's
Super Sat 50c's
Super Sat 3’s
140 inch 2.35 Elunevision Audio Weave AT screen
JVC X790
Pana. UB9000
Bryston 4Bsst2 power amp
Marantz MM7055 5 channel Power amp
Marantz M7025 2 channel Power amp (2)
Marantz AV7703 Preamp/processor
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Dwight,

You sound happy with the sound of the T1s with Emotiva. The T1s are incredible and I've been buying and listening to more music since I purchased them as well. With their efficiency and the clean power of Emotiva, I doubt you would be moving into clipping unless you're listening above reference levels. I'm considering an eventual upgrade to the XPA-1L and feel that they would have plenty of power but I don't listen to music above 100dB(very often). :evil: The power levels of the 1L would better match you XPA-3 as well...

The XPA-1 and XPR-1 would both sound great as well, I believe, but they are probably both overkill for a 92 dB efficiency speaker. I would guess that most users would stay in the 30 watt class a mode during most listening but being able to go up to approximately 300 watts with the 3 to 6 ohm load should allow for some pretty spirited listening. Of course, i doubt you would ever regret having too much amp. Hopefully a few of our other Emotiva and GET owners will chime in.

Let us know what you decide and how it sounds. Happy hunting!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Dwight's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 150
Dwight Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Hey Toby

Thanks for your feedback. Wondering how the XPA-1L would perform in a multi channel HT environment? Some background when I built my HT it was 70% movies 20% gaming 10% music. Now that I have the T1's its 60% music (both 2 channel & multi channel)40% movies & no gaming. Room Dimensions are 26 ft long by 16 ft wide & 8 ft tall. Distance from mlp to T1's is 13ft. So I want to maximize music listening as much as possible as well as a great sounding multi channel ht for movies. To complicate matters further I plan on adding 4 in ceiling Atmos speakers at some point but thats down the road a bit. My goal is to add 2 monoblock amps that will give me enough channels for 3d audio plus enhance 2 channel music audio even beyond my XPA-3 performance.

In the end it will come down to either XPA-1 or the XPA-1L not sure what is the better fit. I looked around at other competing amps but my budget is no where near their asking price. I am working with the folks at Emotiva to nail it down.

I welcome your feedback Toby along with feedback from other GET/Emotiva owners
HT 7.3.4
Triton Ones
Triton One R
Super Sat 50's
Super Sat 50c's
Super Sat 3’s
140 inch 2.35 Elunevision Audio Weave AT screen
JVC X790
Pana. UB9000
Bryston 4Bsst2 power amp
Marantz MM7055 5 channel Power amp
Marantz M7025 2 channel Power amp (2)
Marantz AV7703 Preamp/processor
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Shaker's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 15
Shaker Posted 9 years 3 months ago
It's been awhile since I've been on these boards, so it was a pleasant surprise to get the e-mail update on this convo.

I have the Triton 1's powered by dual Emotiva XPA-1 monos. I listen to 2 channel music (60% metal, rock, jazz, progressive/40% classical) and now watch a lot of movies/TV/sports on the big screen adding the center and side/back in ceiling speakers powered by the XPA-5.

The sound quality and imaging is superb. The system shines with quiet classical passages, vocals as well as with the volume up on metal and hard rock. I was curious to see if the Triton 1's would pack enough low end punch with the powered subs and they most certainly do. The sound on movies is spectacular, including the low end, thump your chest vibrations. I absolutely love the set up. If anything it's frustrating not to be able to enjoy it full throttle more often since we have young children who still nap during the day and have an early night time routine.

If I can answer any questions please let me know. Wayne and others on this board were helpful to me and I'd happily return the favor.

BTW, I'm simply commenting on the equipment I have since there were questions about Emo amps and GET speaker combos. I'm not suggesting my set up is the end all be all. And as someone already noted, given the efficiency of the Triton 1's, they are not difficult to drive.

Marantz AV-7702 7.2 AV processor

Golden Ear Technology Triton 1 speakers w/1600 watt subwoofer

Golden Ear Technology Super Center XL center channel speaker

Golden Ear Technology Invisa MPX in-ceiling side/back speaker (4)

Epson PowerLite ProCinema 6030 1080P LCD 3-D projector

DaLite 118”(max width 105”) Da-Snap Da-Mat ProTrim screen

Oppo 105D

Emotiva XPA-1 (2)

Emotiva XPA-5
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, Dwight

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Great to hear you are enjoying your speakers and system Shaker!!!!
And thanks for the kind words.
Happy listening, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers How to drive Triton I based HT/2 channel system?