file Currently playing

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 7 months ago

Pbgalvin wrote: Very sorry to hear that Anthem isn't going to be on this forum. Really enjoyed his musical pointers and he added a lot of value here. He'll be missed...

Amen to what Pbgalvin said!

What I have loved about this forum (besides the #1 reason of sharing stuff about a great company, great customer service, great great products!) is that it's safe, stays on track, threads don't' drift off (too much!), people respect each other, no shouting matches... on and on. AND we have so much in common to share!

It's not an easy job being Moderator Dude/"editor in chief", AND it's not always easy to "stay within bounds" as contributors. We get excited about lots of things, and want to share, sometimes just some more than what fits within the bounds of "audio".

Anthem, I'll always appreciate all the great input you have contributed, and hope we'll hear more from you in the future!

Moderator Dude, I don't envy the decisions you have to make! All I know is that it DOES all come together in a great forum. Thank you for that difficult balancing act!

I really enjoy this forum, want to respect all opinions, and as yet another flawed human being, want to share what I love with other human beings.... maybe not always perfectly.

Respectfully,

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 7 months ago
Thank you Rick, much appreciated. I try very hard to minimize my role here. When something is posted in those off limits topics, i just delete the offending post or text. I don't call people out or make anyone feel unwanted on our forum. Most of the time no one notices and we all just go on. I deleted one offending sentence that was totally political from a post, text that had no place on this forum (with a divided country the "no political commentary" rule is very important to maintaining a friendly forum). I deleted the text without any comment or reprimand. There was no implied "for" or "against" in that deletion. There was no reason for the reaction it generated. Perhaps Anthem will reconsider as I agree with the posted sentiments and think all us appreciated and enjoyed his role in this forum.

Thanks again for your understanding and praise, very much appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 7 months ago

rjohn79395 wrote:

Pbgalvin wrote: Very sorry to hear that Anthem isn't going to be on this forum. Really enjoyed his musical pointers and he added a lot of value here. He'll be missed...

Amen to what Pbgalvin said!

What I have loved about this forum (besides the #1 reason of sharing stuff about a great company, great customer service, great great products!) is that it's safe, stays on track, threads don't' drift off (too much!), people respect each other, no shouting matches... on and on. AND we have so much in common to share!

It's not an easy job being Moderator Dude/"editor in chief", AND it's not always easy to "stay within bounds" as contributors. We get excited about lots of things, and want to share, sometimes just some more than what fits within the bounds of "audio".

Anthem, I'll always appreciate all the great input you have contributed, and hope we'll hear more from you in the future!

Moderator Dude, I don't envy the decisions you have to make! All I know is that it DOES all come together in a great forum. Thank you for that difficult balancing act!

I really enjoy this forum, want to respect all opinions, and as yet another flawed human being, want to share what I love with other human beings.... maybe not always perfectly.

Respectfully,

Rick

Well said, Rick! I was searching for the words but you have found them. I hope in time that Anthem will let calmer thoughts prevail and rejoin the group. While our opinions outside of music may not always be in synch, He has been a great source for music and even a few workout and supplement tips. I hope he was also getting something in return and this will bring him back.

Sincerely,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 7 years 7 months ago
Guys:
Thanks for the kind words and concerns. Yesterday was yesterday, today is today, tomorrow is tomorrow. Life is to short to quibble over things of this nature. Anthem is now back...did I miss anything? I was listening to some sweet tunes yesterday, here's a small sample.

Yellowjackets / A Rise in the Road (2013) -- An Informed Decision

One of my favorite cds.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 7 months ago
Well I for one would have banned Bro Anthem from this forum a long time ago for his butt wigglin', toe tappin', cross dressin' comments!!!!

Oh, wait, Bro Anthem, you are back already!!!!

I never even got to ask you to come back, which I was really planning on doing!!!! Really (wink wink, nudge nudge).

FWIW, though I probably would agree with whatever you were gonna say, I do very much prefer that we leave politics and other contentious matters off this forum. Cables are bad enough!!!!

And I AM GLAD YOU ARE BACK!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 7 months ago

Well, the chores are done and it's time to take a break before Packer game preparation. Back to the Miles Davis Quintet on vinyl.

Cheers,

T Cobe

P.S. Anthem, did you receive Relaxin' with the Miles Davis Quintet yet?
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back