file Currently playing

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Pbgalvin Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Hey T Cobe, in spite of you making fun of my QB Tommy I'll respond to your question :-). I have quite a bit of mono, I play it with my normal stereo cartridge (didn't even know there were mono cartridges - interesting). Sounds great...
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Thanks, Pbgalvin. I'll probably try a few mono records. Regarding the Patriots, I have a great deal of respect for the franchise and Belichek is the best coach in the league: hands down! I'm just not a fan of Brady and the lack of accountability within the group.

I don't think they have done anything different than any other team. They look for every competitive advantage and walk a fine line, as I'm sure most teams do. I would just prefer a team own it or say nothing when they get caught and move on. Accountability and integrity are a big deal to me, but I guess I'm a bit old fashioned.

I suppose sports could join the ranks of religion and politics in being topics that can get a bit heated. There are things I don't like about the Packers as well and they are my team of choice, as hard as that may be. I wish they were as consistent as the Patriots. Anyways, thanks for the response and enjoy the music!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
We in patriots nation deal with the accusations by thinking nothing was proved, we were over punished and the league is out to get the pats. Righteous indignation and all that :-).

Listening to West Side Story soundtrack on (stereo) vinyl.
Found a fellow in Stoughton MA who owned a record store, then closed it and went on line, and now is getting ready to retire so is selling off his used LPs, tapes, posters etc cheap. $2 per LP so worth taking a shot on a lot of stuff (after avoiding the obviously scratched ones. Found some great stuff including Jazz and soundtracks...
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
Nice find from the Stoughton fellow and playing now, an unplayed LP of Leonard Bernstein conducting Scheherazade (www.discogs.com/Rimsky-Korsakov-New-York...zade/release/2939244)
Unopened since it was produced in 1959! Very nice..
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 8 months ago

Pbgalvin wrote: We in patriots nation deal with the accusations by thinking nothing was proved, we were over punished and the league is out to get the pats. Righteous indignation and all that :-).

Listening to West Side Story soundtrack on (stereo) vinyl.
Found a fellow in Stoughton MA who owned a record store, then closed it and went on line, and now is getting ready to retire so is selling off his used LPs, tapes, posters etc cheap. $2 per LP so worth taking a shot on a lot of stuff (after avoiding the obviously scratched ones. Found some great stuff including Jazz and soundtracks...

I guess that's part of being in top. Face it, nobody is going after the Browns for cheating... I guess we can both count ourselves fortunate to have successful teams.

Nice find with the records!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hey, Pbgalvin, it sounds like you and I have to stick together... not many Pat's fans out there! :laugh:

Seriously, I saw lots of good football yesterday. Houston's defense came to play. They gave the Pat's offense all they could handle. If Osweiler hadn't tossed a couple errant passes, who knows... And Matt Ryan sure played like an MVP for the Falcons.

Two more good games coming up. T, I won't be rooting against Green Bay. They were my favorite team "back when" Lombardi was coaching. I guess I like teams that come to play, every game.

Happy watching all!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back