file Currently playing

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 1 week ago
Be careful Rick, I don't know how that little amp sounds, and I read it is hybrid, only using the tubes in the pre-amp section (not a thing wrong with that), but beware TUBES ARE ADDICTIVE!!!
Tell if you decide to go that way, I would bet a LOT that you will love the sound!
God bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 1 week ago
OK, OK. Push post.

I know that posts to this thread will eventually show up if at the bottom of a page (again, why this thread? too big??).

But I want to read Wayne's post of almost 6 hours ago...

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 1 week ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: Be careful Rick, I don't know how that little amp sounds, and I read it is hybrid, only using the tubes in the pre-amp section (not a thing wrong with that), but beware TUBES ARE ADDICTIVE!!!
Tell if you decide to go that way, I would bet a LOT that you will love the sound!
God bless, Wayne

Thanks, Wayne

Glad I pushed this through. I do know it's tubes pre-amp, transister amps... But yes I really want to sample the tube sound. So I will order this to arrive in TX about the time I get there.... I'll report back on how it sounds vs. the Dragonfly Red after I get a chance to try it out.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 1 week ago

Well, my copy arrived and I'm certainly happy with the purchase. SQ is decent and the music is great. I wonder if anyone else received their copy...

On another note, the forum seems a lot faster today after being down for maintenance recently! Great work GET!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 1 week ago
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Moderator. info_outline

T Cobe wrote: On another note, the forum seems a lot faster today after being down for maintenance recently! Great work GET!

Yes, new web host today. We were forced to change hosts about 90 days ago and it was a complete catastrophe. New host is a big time provider and it sure shows. Glad you noticed, thanks for your patience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• eiffel62's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 133
eiffel62 Posted 8 years 1 week ago
Finally the PS Audio P10 power plant arrived after ordering it at end of July. This is my first power device so I will report once I get it hooked up this weekend. I was not planning on getting this, but with 40% off back in July, and knowing I had issues with ClearAudio turntable and PS Audio Nuwave Phono Converter not having proper power supplies, thought it was a good time to try this bad boy out.

Also, new batch of music in from Acoustic Sounds, probably my most diverse order yet. Starting with Blue Oyster Cult "Secret Treaties", this hard rock album is not in my normal listening genre, but is a new quad release from Audio Fidelity and it does sound pretty darn good with the T1/T2+ combo and the mastering on this.

Next to listen to, was from Leon Russel And The Shelter People. I am a fan of the "Tulsa Sound" and enjoy Leon and other artist with this style like J.J. Cale. This is also from Audio Fidelity and a new release. I really enjoyed this music.

Got this album partly for roommate, a great pianist and jazz singer, Nina Simone's "Little Girl Blue". Great voice and some of her piano is in-between jazz and classical. For me, the most enjoyable album from last night and GEs made it happen!

Lastly, got this as filler to meet the free shipping quota from Acoustic Sounds after applying the 10% off. Not really into opera, especially soprano, but Leontyne Price has similar story as Nina Simone, both excellent and successful black singers from the South in a time, when this really makes it even more amazing.
Spkrs: GE Triton One L/R, GE SCXXL Center, GE Triton 2+ Surrs, DCM TF600 Rears
Pre pro: Emotiva XMC-1, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter
Amps: Emotiva Gen3(2) 3-Chan LCR, 4-Chan Surr&Rears
Sources: Oppo BDP-105, ClearAudio Concept TT with MM Cartridge
Display: Vizio SmartCast P55-C1 Ultra HD HDR LCD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back