file Currently playing

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 8 years 2 months ago

We've shared this track and album before. If you like acoustic guitar, this one should be on your list to at least demo. The transients with each string pluck and the vocals are amazing. With everything in place, it's sounding better than ever. The vocals, in particular, are clean, seductive, and free of any sort of resonance. I think female vocals are a particular strength of the Red Dawn speaker cables. Things sound warm and rich while still sounding neutral and natural.

I've been using Vibrapod cones for some time and simply placed them on the feet of my CD player. After watching a few YouTube videos, I discovered that there are actually preferred locations to place the tips of the cones. Essentially, under anything that may potentially vibrate, such as a power supply or drive tray of a CD player. A review of the internal pics of my ERC-3 made it easy to identify precisely where I should put the cones. It's almost like placing direct pressure on something vibrating and rattling in your car as your driving down the road. I played around with positioning for about 20 minutes while demoing some familiar tracks and I could hear a slight decrease in some audible distortion once placed properly. A modest investment of $25 provides another audio tweak to try and get the most out of a system.

Thanks for the info, Rick. I have faith in you and Anthem. If you both say they're good, they must be good. I'll definitely end up with a few level 2 or 3 cables. I'm kind of wierd about mixing brands, so I may start with the Nordost cables in my 2-channel setup and try the AntiCables later with my theater gear. I also noticed an improvement on the AVM 60 and XPA-5 with the Nordost cables. Again, it was not altogether subtle. I haven't upgraded any of my cabling for my theater gear at this point. That will likely be next. Thanks again for the info. I look forward to seeing some of your pictures.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, Rowland Miller

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Another track to push the posts. The vocals on this track are equally warm and seductive. Is it just me, or does anyone else perceive the snare drum as noise?

Cheers,

T Cobe
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 2 months ago
Re pictures of NH

My Avatar is a picture from our patio. Again, the mountains in the background are Mt Belknap and Mt Gunstock. That's our swim raft, and our son and grand daughters on the raft. I'll post more later.
Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 2 months ago

Ravi Coltrane / Spirit Fiction (2012) -- Roads Cross

This disc arrived yesterday, and is my second Ravi Coltrane cd.
First off, the all to common sax razziness is evident here and there...it's almost as if I anticipate it. There really isn't anything new here, nothing special, just some great sax and on occasion a trumpet is thrown into the mix.
Overall it's a good cd, but has its flaws, especially track #10 (Fantasm) which I consider a sonic mess. 3 out of 5 stars...

T Cobe: I've not tried any other powercord from Anti-Cable, other than the Reference 3.

Dilettante sent me his Reference 3 (to audition) last year, which replaced my Shunyata Venom Digital power cord. May I say upon first listen to the Reference 3...I FELL IN LOVE! The Torii, Cambridge Audio Azur 840C cd player, Oppo 105, and T2's are sporting an Anti-Cable Reference 3 powercord. BEAUTIFUL SOUND...I just can't complain.

Take Rick's advice and audition one on your Source component, I truly think you'll Love it.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

T Cobe wrote:

Another track to push the posts. The vocals on this track are equally warm and seductive. Is it just me, or does anyone else perceive the snare drum as noise?

Cheers,

T Cobe

Hey, T Cobe

I would never compare what I can hear on Sony headphones/Dragonfly Red amp to what a full GEt system can delivre, but the snare drums on the Sony's are definitely "fuzzy" at best.

Rickt
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I'm not a fan of the sound. Too much like static for my taste.

Cheers,

T Cobe
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back