file Currently playing

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Hi Rick
Thanks, I can play and download and post all kinds of things. Now, IF there was a limiter on Jazz, I would probably use it. Ha ha.
I sometimes get messages on ESPN video and such that says this video is not available in your country. Could be something like that, though I never had a problem with YouTube.
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Hi, Wayne

Having grown up in an age of dial phones with party lines and not a hint of "the internet", I am sometimes just amazed that we can all stay connected in virtually real time, add a link to a file in Kansas, or Wisconsin, or Texas, wherever, and have someone anywhere, like Thailand, be able to use that link to download that file, across all the satellite uplinks and downlinks, repeaters, different region codes, whatever. Talk about complex, long signal paths, with opportunities for links or files to get lost or filtered!

I'm just glad we can all share (most of) our A/V experiences and recommendations, with a great group of of folks, and with a little humor thrown in also.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Rick

You're making us Blush... :blush:
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Amen to that Brother Rick!!!!
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Amen, indeed! I appreciate the different music we are exposed to when we share our playlists. I have found a lot of new artists based on all the recommendations. Of course, it has cost me a fair amount of money as wel...

My Dad came over today to listen to the new turntable and to roast coffee. I wish I could send smells to you guys! If you haven't experienced the smell of roasting coffee, it's hard to describe. I suppose it's a little like baking cookies and leaving them in the oven too long; not burnt but a bit dark brown and crunchy. The beans are in the bag and off gassing some terrific medium roast coffee smells. We roasted 4 different naturally dried coffees so there will be a lot of fruity aromas coming from the bags.

Regarding the music, we listened to Jack Johnson's On and On because I have it on CD and LP and I wanted to compare with a more experienced listener. I'm going to sound like a bit of a paid advertisement here but analog was just better! Much more depth and sense of space on the record. The presentation was a bit more laid back. The levels on the CD had Jack Johnson's vocals way forward of his guitar. The bass seemed bloated and the highs a bit sharp. The variation in volume required me to turn up the record as my CD player was much more loud on the same volume setting on my pre-amp. Now I realize that these findings are not always going to be the case and it will vary from album to album, but I'm starting to hear a trend... :whistle:

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Thanks for that feedback - probably could re-post in the CD vs. LP thread too, for those following the discussion there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back