file Currently playing

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 8 months ago

anthem wrote: This morning I'm listening to only the SCXXL through the Decware Torii MKlV. As Rick has stated, the SCXXL gives up nothing. Redman's sax sounds exquisite and never etched - cymbals have a transparent shimmer - bass is phenomenal - l would love to hear two of these in stereo mode - I never heard any reflection issues. Butt Kickin Speaker.

Hey, Anthem!

I'm so glad to read that! That sure sounds like the SCXXL SQ I have experienced!

I sure hope you find a path to making it sing as a center speaker in your Anthem/Emotiva set up also!!!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Anthem,

If you were closer, I'd bring the coffee to your place for a chance to listen to that Decware Tori MKIV. I'm glad the SCXL is sounding great. I've often hoped GET would release a tower with a similar 2.5 way design. Have you tried anything with vocals yet? Any sibilance or was that resolved with the crossover setting?

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Anthem, amen to what T Cobe said.. I'd also love to hear the Torii and SCXXL making beautiful music together!! I'll bet the Torii delivers every nuance, every gorgeous, perfectly shaped note. It IS a long way to bring a cup of coffee....

Please let us know how your new crossover, HF settings go with the SCXXL back in center channel role, playing Blu-ray through the Anthem/Emotiva.

Enjoy!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Whoa, no way to relate to that coffee talk, did not even know that was what it was for a while there, thought
it was some new drug the way you guys were going on. Ha
I only have the SC X, not XL nor XXL but I would be willing to bet my paycheck that any problems you are
having with it, sibilance or whatever is NOT the speaker's fault. Stress. no way!
Those -dB from reference figures you guys are sharing are no where near absolutes, not even apples and apples,
since we all have differing powered amps. When I watch a movie or listen to music when nobody is here to complain
I cannot even think of -6 dB my system would be cracking walls. BUT I would be shocked IF any of my GEt speakers would
be sweating or stressing. My ears and house don't want to find out though. Just sayin' reference is for theaters.
We can't compare that way, so a good sound pressure meter is a good idea. Did not think of getting mine out that night
when my friend brought MI5.
Hoping you get it worked out.
P. S. the BEST cup of coffee I ever had was just Folgers (or something) and water, with a coupla egg shells, boiled up in the coffee can on top of a wood fire in the Rocky Mountains of Wyoming early in a cold pre-hunting morning.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, Splash51, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by anthem. info_outline
Well guys

Did some playing around today. Upped the crossover to 100 hz - Downed the HF 12db - replaced the Military copper/silver speaker wire with copper - replaced the Clarity XLR with XLR Audioquest (cheetah) - sounds better but still not where it needs to be.

Replaced the Emotiva xpa - 1 with an Anthem MCA 50 - no real change, so set the Emotiva back up. For now I'm going to live with this setup, and as the winter whittles away, I'll have the Pro's out of Wichita see if they can help me out.

I had a chance before lunch to listen to another cd with just the SCXXL...Acoustic Alchemy / AART - In my opinion this where the SCXXL shines - M - U - S - I - C....once again i was very impressed.

Wayne: I respect what you are saying, just don't agree with a few of your statements. I still Love You! :cheer:
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, Splash51, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Listening to Alabama Shakes/Sounds and Colors -- This Feeling.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back