file Currently playing

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Happy New Year, Blessings all around!!!!
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 8 months ago
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

Starting 2016 off with the Sax Man. Joshua Redman Quartet / Moodswing (1994) -- Mischief.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Riding the Kalita Wave with a Hambela Ethiopian Natural pour over this morning while listening to Jack Johnson. Mellow way to start the day.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
T Cobe

That Hambela Ethiopian Natural sounds like some good stuff...Blueberry, Grape, and Complex Floral flavor notes. Price is a little steep $16.80/12 oz. Probably not your everyday brew, but would be fantastic for those special occasions. This morning the wife and I are drinking Starbucks Holiday Blend $5.99/10 oz.

I was talking to the wife this morning about you...about when you first introduced yourself on the forum you said something about coffee...I don't remember what you said. Please refresh my memory.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Anthem,

It is great coffee. JBC has a number of great coffees and I highly recommend them. I haven't had a bad one yet. They are a little pricey but I only use enough for about 500 ml of coffee per day (about 40 to 50 grams). One bag generally lasts at least a week.

I like their coffees because they use a medium or lighter roast. I prefer a better bean and a lighter roast. If roasted too long, you lose the flavor of the bean and can't taste the original character. I prefer the Ethiopian and Kenyan coffees but I've had others from Panama and Columbia that were quite good as well. I think the common theme is a high altitude coffee.

I can't remember what I may have originally posted last year. Obviously I am a coffee lover. I also enjoy espresso and lattes. I just received 10 pounds of green beans for Christmas and plan to take my first stab at roasting in the next couple of weeks. The process is actually pretty straight forward and reduces the cost of the coffee quite a bit. The same green Hambela beans are about $4-5 a pound versus $16-20 roasted. Roasting 10 oz. at a time should give me some time to get the process nailed down.

Do you and your wife have any coffee preferences? Are you an all day coffee drinker? What are some of your favorites?

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Another Saturday morning. Listening to Joshua Redman Elastic band from his momentum album / Double Jeopardy (2005).

This morning I'm listening to only the SCXXL through the Decware Torii MKlV. As Rick has stated, the SCXXL gives up nothing. Redman's sax sounds exquisite and never etched - cymbals have a transparent shimmer - bass is phenomenal - l would love to hear two of these in stereo mode - I never heard any reflection issues. Butt Kickin Speaker.

T Cobe - I use to belong to Gevalia coffee club and enjoyed several of their exotic blends, but it became to expensive. On an average day we drink Maxwell House, Folgers...4-5 cups in the morning. If we find a good deal at the supermarket we pick up the Good stuff. I wish I lived closer, I'd stop by and enjoy a cup with you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back