file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 8 years 8 months ago
While the wife it out, this ole boy is gonna play. Lettuce / Fly (2012) -- Play.

What I've always noticed about the T2's is their ability to play loudly. The higher you crank them, the clearer they become...the SCXXL is no exception. Had a blast today with the "THREESOME"!!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
OK, Anthem, you have a bunch of people just waiting for some more feedback about your impressions of the SCXXL... We know it's a WOW from what you've already said.

Did it hold it's own in the T2/sub mix you tried?

What about voice sibilance, especially female voice, your chief concern? Any issues there?

Since I've been listening to, and walking up to, my SCXXL, for awhile, and judging it's contribution to a surround music experience, any comments you have on what the SCXXL brought to your listening experience and pleasure would be greatly appreciated.

I've stuck with a 60 HZ crossover from the start, but that speaker just exudes bass vibes. What crossover are you using? Some folks play it as a large, full range speaker, or crossovers down to 40 HZ. I may yet try a lower crossover.

Have fun playing and experimenting!!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Starting the morning off with a little Flim and the BB's / Neon (1987) -- New Lease.

I'm back to 2-channel listening this morning. Music through a good tube amp is so satisfying...nothing else quite like it.

Rick: I have no plans for surround sound listening. I really liked what I heard yesterday with the T2's and SCXXL setup. But for a great jazz experience, I loves my Torri amp in 2-channel.

Currently the SCXXL is set to 60 HZ and sounds very good with music. It blends in so well I have to go to it to confirm it is playing....seamless.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Listening to "The Threesome" again...wonder if the wife would like to join us :laugh: Jeff Golub / Dangerous Curves (2000) -- Mister Magic.

This is my favorite Golub cd.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by anthem. info_outline
Last day of the year. Listening to John Coltrane / Coltrane (Prestige) -- Time Was.

I'm a firm believer in Mapleshade cd and Optical disc treatments. I've been using the Mikrosmooth & Optrix products for quite some time and really like the results. I feel it takes out a lot of the harshness of digital and gives greater clarity to the music.
shop.mapleshadestore.com/mobile/CD-Optic...atments/products/23/

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline
Thanks for another great reference, Anthem. I'll try that out as well as some of their Silclear for my speaker wire contacts between my wire and banana plugs.

Listening to Jesse Cook's Blue Guitar Sessions again this morning amongst others to evaluate all of my power cables in their supporting role. There certainly seems to be all the benefits I've previously discussed. The two biggest advantages seem to be a warmer, fuller sound and a bit more bass. Those are certainly most noticeable. Again, the clarity and detail are still present but the imperfections are clothed in rich music versus standing nude out in the cold.

This is a great track. It reminds me of the music in the opening credits of the Showtime series Dexter. Everything is crisp and clear. Each and every pluck of the strings pop, the bass is full and deep, and the other instruments add textural ambiance and depth. It's a great effect!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back