file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by anthem. info_outline
Listening to Paul Brown/Up Front (2004) -- Phat City.

I installed an Anti-Cable on the Torii this afternoon, and combined with one on the Oppo, the sound was quite good. What I did notice was perhaps a slight brightness in some instruments. I do realize that powercords need a break-in period to sound their best. Anti-Cable recommends 400-2000 hrs. (sounds far fetched) Dilettante's AC pc has hundreds of hours on it and so does my Decware DHC -1 silver pc...so I suppose patience is the cure. Tomorrow I'll put an Anti-Cable on each T2, one on the Oppo, and the Decware DHC -1 silver on the Torri. From what I heard this afternoon, it may be that the Anti-Cable is superior on the Source component...makes sense.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Sunday afternoon, listening to Matt Marshak/Lifestyle (2014) -- I've been down.

Today I've been listening to the Anti-Cable's on the Cambridge Audio Azur 840C and the T2's. What can I say but WOW! The Anti-Cable's are just butt kickin. Matt's Lifestyle cd have always presented a challenge when it comes to bass...overdone and somewhat muddy. Not anymore, the AntiCable pulled the bass out of the mud and placed it back on the highway. The AntiCable has an overall presence on each and every instrument being played, and a total control of it. I believe the key here is, if the source and power cord are correct, everything else seems to fall into place.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by rjohn79395. Reason: spelling info_outline
Hi, Anthem

I don't have a delivery date yet for my Anti-Cable, but I'm guessing the same, that the more discernible results will be on the components where there is the most electronic processing. I really don't know if I will see a big difference on the OPPO when I am using it in HDMI digital out, read mode only. Right now, all the DAC work is being done by the Marantz. Hence I want to try it on the Marantz, and get analog interconnects on the OPPO so I can audition what the Anti-Cable does for the OPPO in that mode. If I end up loving the OPPO/Anti-Cable/analog out mode for music (yes, it would have to include 5.1 analog interconnect)s, then I may end up with 2 Anti-Cables, one for the OPPO for DVD's. CD's, one for the Marantz for SONOS, ATMOS processing, tv.

We'll see. Keep the reports coming!!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Monday evening, listening to Brian Simpson/Just What You Need (2013) -- Emerald City.

Today...Anti-Cable's on the T2's and Oppo, Decware DHC -1 silver pc on the Torii. The only change I made today, replaced the Decware DSG interconnects with Military silver/copper interconnects.
Wonderful detailed sound with maybe a hint of brightness in saxes, but very listenable...somewhat hypnotic with a 3D soundstage.

Tomorrow I want to put back the Venom 3's on the T2's and replace the DHC -1 silver on the Torii with the Anti-Cable.

Rick...when did you order? I placed my order on Monday night and received shipment on Saturday (Kansas)

The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Hi, Anthem

I ordered the Anti-Cable last Friday. I'm assuming I'll get a shipping notice soon, and get it by the end of the week.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Tuesday evening, listening to Jeff Lorber Fusion/Hacienda (2013) -- Everlast.

I think the wife is getting tired of hearing this one, played it 3 times today. Started off this morning with everything being copper...Anti-Cable power cords (Oppo and Torri) Decware DSG interconnects and Venom 3's on the T2's. Completely neutral...to neutral for my taste...no sparkle.

This evening...Anti-Cable's on the Oppo and Torri...Marine Copper/Silver interconnects, and Venom 3's on the T2's...great sound with the sparkle I'm looking for.

Also this evening...Anti-Cable on the Oppo, Decware DHC -1 silver pc on the Torri, Decware DSG interconnects, and Venom 3's on the T2's...also great sound.

My system sounds best with just a hint of silver. Of the last two setups listed above, it's to close to call...I could live with both. My Oppo loves the Anti-Cable...the Torri likes both the Anti-Cable and the Decware DHC -1 silver pc, and the T2's really enjoy the Venom 3's (but also sounds wonderful with the Anti Cables) When using silver interconnects, everything else in the system sounds best with copper.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back