file Currently playing

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Hi Guys,
Splash51 said: The road goes on forever and the party never ends!!!!!!! Good one, we are having a good run anyway.
I love the way you guys are planning ahead, building your systems one step (or one Christmas present) at a time Good for you and I feel sure you will enjoy it more that way.
I am not an ATMOS guy, nor am I ever likely to be. But I have been a Martantz guy for a long time and I think of all the receivers/processors that are "affordable" (relative term I know) you guys are looking in the right direction.
I might be tempted to recommend the Emo XMC-1 processor for great surround system to those of you who have your amps, but it will not do ATMOS, so I will not try to sway you.
I do believe outboard amps are the way to go, IF one can And I would say don't be scared of hooking up a great and pretty powerful amp to lessor speakers. (DON"T buy cheap amps for surround channels, bad amps are not a good buy at any time) a great amp can always be used/hooked up to a better speaker latter.
I replaced my Mirage floorstanding rear surround speakers with the T 3s and T 7s and am happy to have FULL powerful very capable amps to drive them I listen to surround music that plays the same type full range signal to the surrounds as to the front 3 speakers. Imagine all of them singing together, SWEET!!!!!
I am blessed, I am happy and the Electric Co. is happy too!!!!---I have to run a fan, minimum, or the A/C in here, it gets HOT.
Party on!!!!
God bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Splash51's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
Splash51 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
I was reading on another thread that the XMC-1 has some issues with the remote and SW controls? Wayne have you had any trouble with your unit?

DT

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Guy's, I have downloaded several albums from HDTracks. All very clean so far. Most of these tracks are remastered in higher sampling/bit rates.

Enjoy!!
DT
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Hi Splash,
The remote is fine, but big and heavy and NOT Backlit. It is the promised android and iphone remotes that are FINALLY out but not working right.
The unit is great, but has a few bugs. We are waiting for a FW update to fix all bugs, but the last one was at the end of March. It was promised for this week, but did not happen.
Emo makes good products but suck at meeting deadlines. Good news is they should get it right.
The sound quality is better than my Marantz processor, might even be up there with the big boys, what do I know?
But the room correction program, DIRAC, is REALLY good. So good it is best to leave it on for the purist critical listening.
I hope this answers your questions
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Wayne, yes, thanks that does answer my question. EMO is supposed to come out with a "flagship" or "reference" version of the XMC-1 this year. As you said they don't meet dead lines very well. Reported cost is around 5K. I am not in a big hurry to change out my receiver. I am going to give my daughter a SS system for a wedding gift in the spring. She is into aesthetics more than audio quality??? She gets that from her Mom:) Anyway my plan is to give her my RX-A1040(no slouch of a receiver/amp) and a GEt 3D Array bar with a FF4 Sub. She does not want to see cables or rear speakers or celling speakers(They look bad?).

I am migrating to separates and this kills 2 birds with 1 stone ;)

Enjoy,
DT

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Hey guys, it seems like the "Currently Playing" thread has been hijacked by a bunch of Trolls -- ha-ha.
Back to it's original intention...Music.
Currently listening to John Coltrane/Giant Steps -- Spiral.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back