file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Shhh...Venom Digital at work. Joyce Cooling/Keeping Cool (1999) -- Little Five points.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 11 months ago
TROLLS?! Trolls, you say?! Can't be, I'm reading nothing but positive comments: mature and consenting adults collaborating on the finer aspects of audio reproduction. A troll would say something like: "see, the cords are so ugly, they won't even picture them on the box!" :ohmy:

Let us know how that Shunyata digital power cord sounds, Anthem. I hope it provides $400 worth of cleaner music reproduction and deeper black backgrounds.

I'm watching the latest Nothing But Videos that airs on axs TV. It takes me back to the good old days when MTV used to play music videos... Triton Ones are bumpin on some popular music. Watched another episode earlier this week. While not one of his better songs, Jason Derulo performed Cheyenne and reminded me a bit of an 80s pop star. You guess which one.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 11 months ago

anthem wrote: Shhh...Venom Digital at work. Joyce Cooling/Keeping Cool (1999) -- Little Five points.

Hey, anthem

You got it! Can't wait to get your impressions of the Digital, and how you think it compares to the Venom 3.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by anthem. info_outline
Saturday morning...Listening to Rick Braun/Esperanto (2003) -- Daddy-O.

Rick...Toby..without getting into a review at this point, the Venom Digital will give you a much greater sense of each individual instrument. It takes a layer of hash that surrounds the instrument and brings it to the surface, and then allows each instrument to be heard as it was meant to be heard.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
OK, I'm not sure sure where to post this. Anthem if you think this belongs somewhere else, please add me to the list of trolls who are trying to subvert this thread!

BUT, I want to tell a story. Last night, my wife and I were at a local concert. It was a group that did jazz, modern, 50's, 60's whatever. They had a bunch of expensive looking floor speakers at the front of the stage (3 big speaker units on each side). After awhile (we did like the songs) my wife leaned towards me and said "this doesn't sound as good as YOUR system".

Well, I agreed. So, tonight, I suggested she hear again what GOOD sound is like. So, I played one of the pieces from a reference HDCD recording (in enhanced stereo, as usual, with the T1's, SCXXL and surround T2's all playing), of "The Bach Gamut" with Virgil Fox at the organ. The piece was "Prologue and Fugue in D". She's not a classical fan, but this is a piece with DEEP, RICH organ music that would challenge any speaker system. WELL, out it came. It was the first time I had played it with the addition of the SCXXL, vs the SCXL. She sure agreed that that was like music was supposed to sound like.

Well, I WAS THERE, IN THAT CHURCH!!! The organ music was revererating in my breastbone! I could feel it! The bass was SO DEEP, SO CLEAN, SO LIKE WHAT ORGANS ARE SUPPOSED TO SOUND LIKE! I remain a fan of using all the speakers in a system, just like vehicle sound systems.

So, if you want to listen to some Bach stuff, or just plain give your system a good workout, this is one HDCD you might try.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Great story, Rick!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back