file Currently playing

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Must be deadlift or squat day...either one with a tight belt will squeeze you like a tube of toothpaste. ;)
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Thought I'd share one more. Joshua Redman Quartet/Moodswing (1994) -- Faith.

T Cobe: My farting session today occurred on the db bench press. Tomorrow is deadlift day. Known down here as "Deadlift Sunday"...deficit deadlifts (standing on a 4 inch platform) and regular deadlifts plus good mornings. Fun starts at 7:30 a.m...
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline
I admit, I'm a bit behind the times and have resisted streaming digital music and digital downloads. Well, today I finally joined Amazon Prime and I loaded several albums into my library. They have a tremendous amount of great music for jazz and blues! Tomorrow I'll hook everything up to my 2-channel set up and listen to things properly but I'm impressed with the sound quality on my mobile devices. Here's a little Count Basie: Blues Inside Out.

I have noticed that some of the digital downloads from Amazon accessed through their AutoRip program actually sound better than the CDs. It may be time for a decent DAC.

Anthem: I hope your stomach is more settled in the AM. Sound like you have a rough morning planned. I'll be doing another 3 miles on the treadmill... :S
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 11 months ago

T Cobe wrote: I admit, I'm a bit behind the times and have resisted streaming digital music and digital downloads. Well, today I finally joined Amazon Prime and I loaded several albums into my library. They have a tremendous amount of great music for jazz and blues! Tomorrow I'll hook everything up to my 2-channel set up and listen to things properly but I'm impressed with the sound quality on my mobile devices. Here's a little Count Basie: Blues Inside Out.

I have noticed that some of the digital downloads from Amazon accessed through their AutoRip program actually sound better than the CDs. It may be time for a decent DAC.

Anthem: I hope your stomach is more settled in the AM. Sound like you have a rough morning planned. I'll be doing another 3 miles on the treadmill... :S

I stream a fair amount of music through SONOS. There are 16 bit options, like DEEZER, plus Amazon, Google Play, Spotify. Some stuff is better SQ than others, but it's possible to access lots of music.. just do the search, and voila! you can find most anything.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yet another beautiful Sunday afternoon. Listening to The Rippingtons/Modern Art (2009) -- Jet Set.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by anthem. info_outline
Monday evening, listening to Eric Darken/Rhythem of Night (1995) -- The Coast is Clear.

The street lamps light up the big city, transforming common scenes into magical visions. The mood swings way up, as people are liberated from there working day blues. Feel the pulsating undercurrents, the constant polyrhythmic beat, and the electric atmosphere that make the city of night irreversible.

Good Stuff...

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back