file Update to Bass Enhancement Experiments (Formerly "Some News From Raleigh NC")

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
charliehatch Posted 4 years 9 months ago
Congratulations, Art! Sounds like you're progressing well.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 4 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by ArthurDaniels. info_outline
Hi Gang,

I am now into my 5th week of recovery since the surgery. Still progressing well and now looking forward to September 10 when I can resume driving (end of 6th week). Main issue I am having is sleeping - I suspect due to the effects of the various medications I am on.

Hopefully, sleeping will improve as I phase out of some of the medications.

Looking forward to the start of college and pro football seasons. First games are tomorrow night, with a full slate over the Labor Day weekend, including Alabama-Duke on Saturday afternoon.

I have done a lot of listening during my recuperation. I am now convinced beyond doubt that the GE design built in to my Triton Ones cannot be improved upon with other gear that I have - especially the built in crossover design for the Triton Ones.

I wold love to own a pair of Triton References, but I must wait until all of my hospital bills arrive before I could even consider purchase of a pair of Reference speakers. If I had a pair of References, I would move my Ones to the sides of my room and run them from a separate amplifier so that I could balance the sound around the room. With GE's great internal bass crossovers in play, I would have no other subs in use for music and my Ones and References would be for music only. Well, I can at least dream about such musical nirvana.

I care very little about video multi-channel sound and both my wife and I are content with present video sound setup when we watch movies and mysteries on TV.

I am fortunate to be alive. My blockages could have gone undetected until they caused a major heart attack. After the surgery recovery, I am looking forward to resuming full activities.

Happy listening to all,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 4 years 8 months ago
That's excellant news Art, so glad your health is improving. The problem with hospital bills is that they drag on for 6-12 months. You think you're paid them all, and here comes another. Makes one fearful to step foot into a medical facility.

You would absolutely love the T Refs in your setup! I hope things work out financially for you. Have you thought about the new One.R?

Whatever you decide, I'm wishing You & Sheryl the Very Best.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi Anthem,

I had not considered the Upgraded Ones as a second pair. Are they that much improved over my original Ones?

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by ArthurDaniels. info_outline
Hi Gang,

Today is a "red-letter day" on my pathway to recovery from my triple-bypass surgery. Today completes 6 weeks since my surgery and is the day that I resume driving. The plan for the next 6 weeks is for me to gradually resume normal activities, with a few exceptions. I have been walking daily around my cul-de-sac, but from today forward, I will relocate my daily walk to the golf course. Initially, I will carry a sand wedge and a putter and a couple of balls. I will walk the hole, then drop a ball in front of the green, pitch it on and putt out. Over time, I will gradually increase the length of my backswing with the wedge, then add additional clubs until I am playing normally at the end of the second six weeks.

Certain motions are essentially prohibited until completion of the second six weeks - notably any sort of sudden jerking motion, such as would be required to start my lawn mower.

Now, on to some audio-system news. I am using a new approach to using my two external subs. Each sub has two inputs - one designated as an LFE input and the second one as a Line input. I have connected the LFE inputs to the LFE output of the Sony AV Receiver I dedicated to my largest-screen TV. I have connected the Line inputs to the Line Outputs of a second Sony AV Receiver which, in turn, is connected to the Record Outputs of my Cambridge AV Receiver which is part of my dedicated music system.

The results of this arrangement allow me to use the subs as LFE devices when we are watching TV and using the 2.1 dedicated Sony sound system. Alternatively, I can use the two subs as bass augmentation for my music system when I am running the system at low sound-level volumes by activating the "Music-System" Sony Receiver. If I am listening to music at louder volume, I don't activate the dedicated "Music-System" Sony Receiver because I have enough bass from my Ones.

This arrangement is proving to be very satisfactory because we listen at low volume in the morning during our "morning coffee time". This approach is the best yet to provide augmented bass at low volume levels without sacrificing the musical quality of the bass sound.

Happy listening to all,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, charliehatch

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 4 years 8 months ago
Art,

I'm glad to see you're making progress from your surgery. Keep up the good work!

Took me a while to figure out what you're doing with your system, but I think I understand it now. Interesting approach!

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics DIY, Mods and Tweaks Update to Bass Enhancement Experiments (Formerly "Some News From Raleigh NC")