file Fidelizer, DACs and Digital Cables

• Steveo's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 297
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Steveo Posted 6 years 5 months ago
These new observations make sense to me. As I mentioned I am using two usb "reclockers" the iso regen and the sotm tx ultra right after each other. They re supposed to do the same things but I have found, as many others have as well, that using them in a row makes for a much better sound than without one or the other. Crazy hobby. Digital is another beast with, arguably, as much modding ability as analog.
Triton Ref Pair, Supercenter Ref, SS 3's surr
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm
Bel Canto REF600m L & R, Emotiva Xpa 5 Gen 3 for Center and rears
Subs 2xJTR 2400captivator
PS Audio P10
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, charliehatch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 5 months ago
Another USB thought....

I use an Audioquest Jitterbug from the USB port on my laptop to feed an Audioquest Dragonfly Red DAC for my headphones. The Jitterbug, a noise controller/reducer ($50-60 at Amazon, Crutchfield, etc.), definitely helps get better clarity than the Dragonfly alone with the headphones. Same when I use the iphone as a digital source, using a lightning adapter for the Jitterbug and Dragonfly to get plugged into.

I'm looking into using the USB port on my router, with a USB to ethernet adapter, to try a Jitterbug in front of the ethernet lead from the router to the SONOS Boost. Maybe there's something there also and the Audioquest Pearl cable will sound better with a cleaned up signal to transmit, we'll see.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, charliehatch

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 6 years 5 months ago
Rick, that sounds like an interesting experiment. Please let us know what you find, even if nothing.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics DIY, Mods and Tweaks Fidelizer, DACs and Digital Cables