file Fidelizer, DACs and Digital Cables

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
charliehatch Posted 6 years 5 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: I have a Samsung Smart TV, but I have no idea what a smart box is?????
I cannot imagine calling a TV a "Smart" TV, so I cannot imagine trying to listen to music through it.

Wayne, my Samsung Smart TV has a small external box where most of the input/output connections take place. That's what I'm referring to as a smart box.

Being a smart tv, it has many streaming apps built in, and I can stream music on YouTube. What quality are they streaming? Maybe not the best (we've discussed the bandwidth issue before), and maybe your low bandwidth makes such things unlistenable. But with my bandwidth it sound good enough to be quite acceptable. I have listened to some excellent performances on YouTube. See if you can find Khatia Buniatisvili with Neeme Jarvi performing the Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto 3, the best performance I've heard.

Art, I understand you have serious physical limitations in your room, but if it is at all possible to run different cables to just your left and right front speakers, you could hear a significant difference. My ancient ears (4 kHz max) can clearly hear the improvement in cables.
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 5 months ago
Thank you Charlie for both explanations. I seriously never heard of SSD before. Sounds like a thumb drive to me.
Bro Art, what Charlie said!!!!

OK, I have 2 64inch Samsung Smart TVs and neither one of them have a smart box, or any box other than the one It came in.
Maybe mine are too old?????
I recently upgraded (or so I hoped, actually it is still the same old shit, PMF) our internet service, and plugged in my HT Smart TV into the router, it could NOT find it and give it an address. The only reason I did was my hope of using my Sammy phone as a remote to control the TV. Not a go.
I am listening to the Adagio played by Ms Bunia....... right now, sounds good. Really good. Even though it looks as if Jarvi gave her a sour pickle to eat right before she started playing.
Good call. Great music, I love it. Already have it in Hi Res.
WOW, she is good.
I am not saying what MIGHT be low res music from the Internet sucks, in fact my system and the TOnes sing like champs on this music and a lot of other.
Thanks for keeping me in the conversation, Charlie. And you are always welcome to come and listen over here in Thailand!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: charliehatch

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

WayneWilmeth wrote: I seriously never heard of SSD before. Sounds like a thumb drive to me.

Yes, it's a glorified thumb drive. Highly glorified. 1TB worth, in a 2 in x 3 in x 1/2 in package. This is truly a miracle of technology. Especially considering I remember using 5 1/4 in floppy drives.
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 5 months ago
Ha ha, oh, yeah, I remember the floppy drives and even remember my father punching holes in cards to go into the IBM.
Who woulda thought that 1s and 0s could fit so tightly together????

God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yeah, I did some FORTRAN programming using punch cards. Boy was I glad to see that go away!

• Steveo's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 297
Steveo Posted 6 years 5 months ago
For both Charlie and Arthur I would recommend curious cables.

They do normal usb connections but also do usb to SSD as well so perfect for hard drive connections which I use myself. They are an aussie company but have free shipping all over the world. One of the best bang for buck purchase I have ever made. If it doesn't improve your sound I believe there is a return policy. However I have a strong feeling it will show worthwhile improvements.

When I bought them I was playing with stock cables. I replaced the connection with the curious and turned the music back on. Before I even sat down to listen critically, I could hear a massive jump straight away. I actually said out loud to myself "well these definitely arnt going back"

If you decide to take the plunge, let us know your feedback here. I would surprised if you both weren't over the moon with the improvements.

Www.curiouscables.com
Triton Ref Pair, Supercenter Ref, SS 3's surr
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm
Bel Canto REF600m L & R, Emotiva Xpa 5 Gen 3 for Center and rears
Subs 2xJTR 2400captivator
PS Audio P10
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, charliehatch

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics DIY, Mods and Tweaks Fidelizer, DACs and Digital Cables