• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 4 months ago
Hey, DT

Did you get a chance yet to try Anti-Cables in your set-up? ... I'm still debating trying an Anti-Cable on the NAD stereo amp feeding the T1's, where I currently have a Pangea AC-14SE... have yet to try Anti-Cables on the T'1s.. almost afraid I might just love them and need LONG, expensive anti-Cables.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Splash51's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
Splash51 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
Hello all, as you can tell I have not been on the forum in several months. Short version, DIVORCE... I have moved and am in the process of setting my system back up in a new place. So I have not ordered the anti-cable yet. Did not want to loose them in the shuffle:) New listening room is very different and I need to get a base line before trying to eval anything.... Room is much smaller, but seems to have better acoustics!! It is a dedicated AV room, so I don't have to compensate for day to day living:)

Will follow up soon with pics and requests for suggestions on how to adjust for room acoustics!!!

Cant wait to start listening again!!!!!!!!!! System has been in climate controlled storage for 3 months, in original boxes of course. Sounds great but needs lots of tweaking:)

Regards,
DT
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
Hi, DT

Welcome back to the forum! Sorry to hear you've had to go through all that. Great you can start listening again and get your system set to your liking! Keep us posted.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 3 months ago
DT,

Welcome back indeed! I hope the worst of all that is behind you. I'm glad you have your gear and are in the process of setting things up.

A while back, I was moving my gear around and briefly went back to my stock power cables for the extra length. Things certainly did not sound the same. The music was a bit more harsh and had an unnatural grainy texture. After a few adjustments and putting the after market power cords back in place, things sounded right as rain.

I've also been testing analog interconnects. I'd been using low cost cables and wanted to see what difference premium cables would make. A brief audition at my local GET dealer with my Monoprice and Mogami Gold cables versus AudioQuest and Nordost has me upgrading to Nordost Red Dawn cables. In visiting Nordost's website, they actually recommend upgrading power cables first, followed by interconnects and speaker cables last. I found it interesting that they were recommending power cables above all. I'm not fond of their marketing message but the proof is in the sound.

Have fun getting everything back up and running. Being without my GET gear for a few months would be painful (right Rick? :P ). I look forward to hearing how you progress.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

T Cobe wrote: DT,

A while back, I was moving my gear around and briefly went back to my stock power cables for the extra length. Things certainly did not sound the same. The music was a bit more harsh and had an unnatural grainy texture. After a few adjustments and putting the after market power cords back in place, things sounded right as rain.

I've also been testing analog interconnects. I'd been using low cost cables and wanted to see what difference premium cables would make. A brief audition at my local GET dealer with my Monoprice and Mogami Gold cables versus AudioQuest and Nordost has me upgrading to Nordost Red Dawn cables. In visiting Nordost's website, they actually recommend upgrading power cables first, followed by interconnects and speaker cables last. I found it interesting that they were recommending power cables above all. I'm not fond of their marketing message but the proof is in the sound.

Have fun getting everything back up and running. Being without my GET gear for a few months would be painful (right Rick? :P ). I look forward to hearing how you progress.

Cheers,

T Cobe

Hey, all

T Cobe, I agree with Nordost... power cords make a huge difference and are a great place to start. Still not sure I understand the "science" of why they make such a difference ... yes, they are supposed to somehow filter out digital noise created by components that do digital processing... but what I go by is what my ears tell me, and I sure can hear a difference. Putting Anti-Cables on my sources is like lifting a subtle veil, changing from listening to music to "being there". Can't explain it better than that.

And, yes,I am trying to adjust to "life without GEt's" for the summer. I've been listening to my SONY headphones on favorite tracks, and I'm not there yet. I'm thinking, as Roman has pointed out, that I need to add headphone amp/DAC capability. Any suggestions from forum members on what works best? I really want something portable, that can travel and work with my iphone as well as my computers.

Happy listening, all!

Rick
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 3 months ago
Hi Rick and all,
Have fun up North.
I agree with Roman on the HiFiMan headphones, I have the HE400i and love them. VERY much like the GEt sound.
I have to admit my iBasso DX90 does not drive them fully, for that you do need headphones more like yours, or a big amp.
But I do recommend the DX90. It is a favorite on Head Fi. Here it is at Amazon:

www.amazon.com/DX90-Resolution-Connectio...eywords=ibasso+dx90\

It could be a great match for you, and with good iems (I have the RHA MA750) the sound is GREAT!!! Second only to surround sound on yours or my systems!!!
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back