file HELP and please answer in details :)

• Hemo Ayham's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 19
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Hemo Ayham Posted 9 years 2 months ago
hey
i have a few Q and i feel here is the best one to ask

is thire going to be a Noticeable difference from SS50 to SS60 ? or the SS60 to Triton 7 ?
iam asking as i speakers just for movies , have 2 subs already and never turn the volume over 45% , and also i cross over all the speaker to 80Hz , iam running 7.2

also which center speaker would be best for the above setup ( ss50 , ss60 or Super center x or XL ) , which would be the best money to sound ratio as i dont want to pay $300 more on the model up speaker and get no noticeable difference i could hear

here are the prices
SS50 ( pair ) ( $1000 )
SS60 ( pair ) ( 1600 )
triton 7 ( 1600 )
Super Center X ( $600 )
super center XL ( 800 )

thank you so much :)

Reply in details please :) and let me know
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fopmc's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 154
fopmc Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by fopmc. info_outline
Hello Hemo,

I think you will have more to gain moving from the SS60 to the Triton 7. The fact of the matter is size counts and in this case, the volume. The Triton 7s, you can run them as full, but if you have a subwoofer you can crossover for more bass, and movies only setup, a subwoofer is recommended and you can crossover at 60Hz or even 40Hz.

I have two setups: Triton mixed 9.3 setup (1s, 7s, SCXL and in ceilings, FF4 all amplified with Emotiva Amps) if you will, and SS 3.1 set up (SS3s for L/R and 50c, FF3 straight from a Denon X4000 receiver) for my family room where my kids run around.

What you hear depends on your room dynamics as well, if your room is really reflective, a $20K system will sound cheap, and yet a well controlled room a $3k system can sound amazing!

Personally I am happy with both of my systems, but they cater to different needs and putting a number to describe how one sounds over the other, is a fruitless exercise.

Since I cannot recommend how you should upgrade, since I don't have enough details, I will suggest what I would do in your shoes: Triton 7s, SCXL. I have these and it can be all the setup I need! The Triton 7s are extremely good value, and I feel the SS are more do with the space you have and have minimalist design.

Another thing is if budget is tight, consider demo units! Goodluck and go to a dealer to audition them first hand!

Thanks
Po

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hemo,

I agree with Po. I'd suggest the Triton 7 and SuperCenterXL. They are a perfect match and the best speakers in the range that you listed. The most frequent advice here for these type of questions, thanks to Wayne, is to go for the best speakers you can afford. It's great advice.

In terms of descriptions, that's difficult. It's best for you to go and have a listen for yourself. Nobody can tell you what you are going to like. I personally own the SCXL and feel that it is a perfect match for the Triton 7s. I auditioned them and think they are amazing, especially for how little they cost. One listen and you should hear the difference. You can save money by purchasing the SSAT 3s for surrounds if price is a major factor.

Let us know how the listening sessions go and what you decide. Good luck and happy hunting!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• murphyslaw1978's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 337
murphyslaw1978 Posted 9 years 2 months ago
I've compared SS50s with SS60s and there's not a ton of difference for surrounds. For center, there's a difference. I would think that the T7s are the best option for the fronts though. There's the size and there's also the cabinet. You're getting both when going to T7s.

I've been told that the XL and XXL centers are way better then SSs for the center, but that was with someone not using a sub. In your case, it's tough to say. That said, the center is really important, so err on the side of "the best center you can afford" and skimp on the surrounds.
7.1 today, moving to 7.1.4 tomorrow
(2) Triton Two - front mains
(1) Sat 60C - center
(2) Sat 50s - sides
(2) Sat 50s - rear
(2) DIY 18" Stereo Integrity subs, 1100w each

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hi Hemo,
I have to agree with everyone else, you could have these speakers for the rest of your life, or at least for a lot of years. I recommend getting the Triton 7s and the SC XL, and then you will never regret it. And I am sure you will hear the difference.
Happy hunting, happy listening,
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• Hemo Ayham's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 19
Hemo Ayham Posted 9 years 2 months ago
hey
sorry for the long wait :) thire has been a big change in my set up :)

and i need your guys help ( thank you agin so much )

now just for movies , a 7.2 setup , would you chose the Aon 2 ( for left and right ) with Super center XL , or the Super set 50 ( for left and right ) with super center XL?

thank you so much agin :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice HELP and please answer in details :)