file Will Tritons work for my room?

• DMR's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 13
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
DMR Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Thanks for the feedback!

What sort of distance do you have the 1s set up with, from each other, and from the listening position? I had just sort of assumed they would be too much power for my application, but I certainly am interested in getting the best option that I can afford, and that works with my space!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Splash51's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
Splash51 Posted 9 years 7 months ago
I have a fairly large room. I am 15ft back from the T1's, which are placed 10ft apart. I have them 2ft off the back wall. I have 4ft to the left side and 6ft off the right. There is a door way on the right side that accounts for the non-centered dimensions. I originally had them 6ft apart. I moved some "living room essentials" out of the way to get the extra separation

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Thanks Splash51,
I agree that the Triton Ones would be the speaker to go with in almost ANY situation if cost is not the criteria. AGAIN, as I have said many times, get the best speaker you can afford as your present listening room can change, next house or room might be a lot bigger! You should have these speakers for years and years.
Splash, that does not sound like a very optimum setup. You might want to tr moving the Ones even further apart!
OR
move your listening position forward. GEt recommends a equilateral triangle, or sitting roughly as far away as the speakers are apart from each other. I find watching movies, most folks are sitting way too far back from the screen, it is better to be nearer and have the screen fill most of your vision. However, in your case, Splash51, IF I remember right, you are all about 2 channel, so the TV may not be there. Still I would try to move the speakers out some more or sit closer and toe the Ones in toward your listening point.
Please let us know.
Enjoy, this is a great discussion and I think you are giving Dan some good things to think about.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, Splash51, T Cobe

• Splash51's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
Splash51 Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Hi Wayne,
I agree with your comments! There is another factor here, in my profession I deal with the ISO 7 layer model(look it up if your not familiar) it defines the hand off between the layers of data passing from node(pc) to node (pc, host Etc..) across the net. Anyway I call it layer 8. the "political Layer" Logic and physics do not apply here and it controls all below it!! I had to maneuver things in the living room to accommodate the new setup. Layer 8 in my application is "the wife" she has been very supportive so I cant push it to far. The optimum placement only happens when she is out of town and I can move furniture out of the way!!!:) I don't have a dedicated room yet. You are correct I listen to mostly music. Although we watch/listen to movies a lot and love the sound from the GE speakers. The Emotiva amps help also.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Hey Splash51,
All the best and happy listening with Mrs Layer 8!!!!
Keep her happy, since that is the right decision and the most costly mistake anyone can make, take it from me!!!!!
Happy listening, and thanks for the responses.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• DMR's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 13
DMR Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Hey again guys,

With respect to the discussion on re-orienting my room:

I have been out of town, but am back and finally had a chance to take a hard look at this. I think it will work, but it will require a bit of work to move a cabinet mounted to the wall where the TV will go. This should allow me to create an equilateral triangle with sides of apprx 8', and have the speakers 1.5-2' out from the wall. I will need a bit of time to get this done and would like to do all the moving first so that hooking up the new speakers is the last thing. All in, I am probably looking at up to 4 weeks to get everything done and pick up the speakers given how busy my schedule is at the moment.

On the subject of 1s vs 2s. I am thinking the 1s are probably a bit too much for my budget and my room. That said, I will have to spend some time listening to both at my local shop before making the final call!

Thanks again for the feedback and I will update further as I progress this.

Dan

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Will Tritons work for my room?