file Will Tritons work for my room?

• Gustavson A Adams's Avatar Offline
  • Hi
    • Thank you received: 35
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Gustavson A Adams Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Gustavson A Adams. info_outline
Hi, first I send greetings to all Goldenear friends: I have read almost all the post of this thread, and I wold like to receive your advice about to take a final decision between the Triton speakers, because where I live I don't have the way to listen, Just a friend of mine have the Triton seven and those are great speakers. The scenario that have is as follow:
My room is considere small, dedicated just to music, I have a pair of Definitive Technology Protowe 400, im pretty happy with this speakers for almost 8 and a half years, so I consider is time to change for a new ones.

I have this set up:
Sources, Sony HAP-S1
Denon DVD SACD 2910
Music Hall MMF 2.1 with Denon MC DL160
Pre NAD C160
Amp NAD C270

Thinking about the room size, is small, I guess the Triton Two is better than the Three, but could be so big to my room, and the Triton Seven lack for the bass that I can have with the Triton Three, even with the Three I can control the bass gain adapting the bass energy to the room, so that I couldn't do with the passive speakers like the Triton Seven and the new Five. So considering the more adequate the Triton Three, the doubt is how far is the Triton three abou the excellent performance of the triton Two and even the sweet Seven, to decide if is really better the Three for my problem scenario, or if is worth it to go for the Triton two. I wold like to include a picture or video, in order to receive a better advice about this doub!
NOTE: I don't have any acoustic treatment, I know is better to have it, I have planing that project too, in this video must of the ambient is blended with the recording and the own acoustic behavior of my room!
This is the Video Link on facebook, the link is public, if you can not watch this video please tell me:

www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1092660017417430&pnref=story
Triton Seven, Vidar, Freya, Mani from Schiit, Sony HAP-S1, Pioneer PL-51
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Gustavson,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for trusting us for advice. I think most members here recommend getting the best speaker that falls within your budget. To my ear, the difference between the Triton Three and the Triton Two is significant! If the T2s are within your budget, that is the better way to go. I will also add that the powered towers and passive towers sound significantly different as well.

If you really like the Triton Sevens, that may be the way to go unless you feel like you need more bass. Without being able to listen first hand, you're taking a bit of a risk but I think most people here will say you're pretty safe with whatever you decide. Please let us know what you decide and how it all sounds. Happy hunting!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, Gustavson A Adams

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Watched your video, and may I say, "Praise the Lord"...finally, we've got a man that knows good music. Aside for the need for Acoustic treatment, rugs/wall panels, your system sounds pretty good. If better bass response is important (it better be) then the Triton Two is for you. I've owned mine for about 27 months. They are hands down the best speakers I've owned in the past 36 years...it's hard to beat that HFVR tweeter and phenomenal built-in sub. The T2's are not to large for your room. With the use of the low -frequency level control knob you can perfectly tune the output level to match your room, as well as to meet your own personal listening preferences.

Whichever GE speaker you choose...you'll be happy. After you get them set-up and broken in, join us on "Currently Playing"...would love too hear what you are listening to.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, Gustavson A Adams

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Welcome to the forum and great question Gustavson,
As has been said, and VERY well by the two respondents so far, you are looking in exactly the right place to find a super great speaker and make you system SING!!!!!!!
And I too recommend the Triton 2s, I have the 3s and 7s and they are wonderful, but the Triton 2s are WELL Worth the extra cost, you will not regret getting a little more now as they will pay huge sonic dividends for the future, many years!!!!!
I agree with everything said, have fun with this, you will do great!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe, Gustavson A Adams

• Splash51's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
Splash51 Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Hello Gustavson, based on room size and your comments I would recommend the Triton 2s. You really cant go wrong with these speakers. If you end up with a larger room the 2's can grow with you. You get the powered subs that have a really powerful clean low end. The built in DSP handles the crossover, its a fantastic combination. An obvious bonus of the powered subs is your main amp does not have to drive the low frequencies.

Enjoy!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, Gustavson A Adams

• Gustavson A Adams's Avatar Offline
  • Hi
    • Thank you received: 35
Gustavson A Adams Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Gustavson A Adams. info_outline
wow, thanks for your good comments and your recommendations, I wold like to say this, if I decide for the Triton Two, the problem here isn't the bass energy in this small room but is about the how high is the tweeter position regarding the listening position, and in reference of the room size, so taking in account your opinion about the Triton Two is better acquisition, even the little differences between the Three, if I decide to go for the Three, I wouldn't have to be nonconforming or the doubt about wish to have or pruchased the Triton Two! But as I mentioned, the problem maybe the triton two are so big to the high tweeter level of listening position in reference the size room!
the other important thing is , the triton two is out of my budget , maybe in the further time I can save more money to purchase the two, but the international economy situation make the prices fluctuate a lot in my case!
I add another video link, with a different music, I talk in spanish, because I'm from Monterrey México, and I used this video to explain something in a facebook group that I have. I just want to share you just to explained well as example!
Hope you can watch the video!

www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1069202799763152&pnref=story

this video is a Vinyl VS, CD Recorded from the same Vinyl, sound equal jejeje!

www.facebook.com/video.php?v=987704991246267&pnref=story

www.facebook.com/groups/musicaaudioyvideomty/
Triton Seven, Vidar, Freya, Mani from Schiit, Sony HAP-S1, Pioneer PL-51
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Splash51

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Will Tritons work for my room?