file Power and speaker cable upgrades

• Splash51's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Splash51 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
Hi Wayne, I will be giving some of these power cables a try in January. December is booked up with visitors:) I will probably order a pair of those anti-cables late December to eval early Jan. Where are you guys finding the most benefit? On CD players pre/pre amps?? I would speculate if your AC is basically clean, using them on digital devices would be more beneficial to all the other equipment on the circuit??

Enjoy!!

DT
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 9 months ago
D. T. I am waiting for your feedback. Bro Anthem swears it makes a great difference on his source, the Oppo. Could you try it on your Oppo, or CD player?
Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Splash51's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
Splash51 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
Hi Wayne, yes I will attach my Oppo 103. You might want to try using ferrite cores to see if it makes any difference. I found some on Amazon for about $1.75 each.

I also have a Panamax 5300 fronting all my equipment. Nothing plugs directly into the wall. Line conditioning is one of several features built in and may perform a similar function as the power cables. As you know we have frequent lightning storms in spring/summer and I want to protect this stuff:)

When I get an anti-cable I will try w/wo the Panamax

DT
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 9 months ago
Hey Rick

Have you heard about these two characters, I believe one is named Splash51 and the other Wayne? It seems they have questions about the Anti-Cable Reference 3 powercord..have you ever heard of it?Maybe you and I should get on the bandwagon and check this cord out...sound pretty awesome!

Just kidding, boys. I have two and ordered another one on Black Friday, should be here shortly.
Here is a post of mine from a few weeks ago. I have not changed my mind on what the cord has done for my system. I believe it could/would have a positive effect on everyone's system...bar none.

Thanks Rick for a great post, I totally agree with everything you said.

I has been roughly one week since the Anti-Cable was installed on the Oppo 105. I can say without hesitation that no other power cord, speaker wire, interconnect, or electronic component, has made a difference in sonics as the Anti-Cable has. Yesterday I received an email stating the two Anti-Cable's I ordered will arrive on Saturday. I have not sent Dilettante cord back yet, so will have 3 cords to experiment with. An Anti-Cable on the Oppo 105 is an ABSOLUTE MUST. I Also want to try one on the Torii, and then on the T2's. I still believe that after reading through Dilettante's emails, the magic came when the AntiCable was installed on the Oppo 105. I'll repeat myself once again, with the installation of the Anti-Cable Reference 3 powercord on the Oppo 105, the sonic signature of my system has completely changed for the better. Every cd played through the Oppo now grabs my attention like never before, and I'm always anticipating what the next cd will sound like, even though I've heard it many times...and believe me, they always sound better with the Anti-Cable in place.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

anthem wrote: Hey Rick

Have you heard about these two characters, I believe one is named Splash51 and the other Wayne? It seems they have questions about the Anti-Cable Reference 3 powercord..have you ever heard of it?Maybe you and I should get on the bandwagon and check this cord out...sound pretty awesome!

Just kidding, boys. I have two and ordered another one on Black Friday, should be here shortly.
Here is a post of mine from a few weeks ago. I have not changed my mind on what the cord has done for my system. I believe it could/would have a positive effect on everyone's system...bar none.

Thanks Rick for a great post, I totally agree with everything you said.

I has been roughly one week since the Anti-Cable was installed on the Oppo 105. I can say without hesitation that no other power cord, speaker wire, interconnect, or electronic component, has made a difference in sonics as the Anti-Cable has. Yesterday I received an email stating the two Anti-Cable's I ordered will arrive on Saturday. I have not sent Dilettante cord back yet, so will have 3 cords to experiment with. An Anti-Cable on the Oppo 105 is an ABSOLUTE MUST. I Also want to try one on the Torii, and then on the T2's. I still believe that after reading through Dilettante's emails, the magic came when the AntiCable was installed on the Oppo 105. I'll repeat myself once again, with the installation of the Anti-Cable Reference 3 powercord on the Oppo 105, the sonic signature of my system has completely changed for the better. Every cd played through the Oppo now grabs my attention like never before, and I'm always anticipating what the next cd will sound like, even though I've heard it many times...and believe me, they always sound better with the Anti-Cable in place.

Hi Anthem!

Anti-Cables? What are are those? (Just kidding!!!!!)

I do believe I've heard of them... just to summarize, I have played with stock cords, Venom 3 power cords (which I still love on my T2's) and Anti-Cables on my my new Marantz AVR. The three different power cords were VERY different on the Marantz... the Venom 3 too (soft?), the stock cord musical but not as detailed, and the Anti-Cord.. well,, the Anti-Cord brought out detail, without sacrificing musicality and just brought LOCATION of voices and instruments to such a higher level.

The same is true when I added an Anti-Cable to the OPPO... just pure clearness and location of every voice, every instrument..

I have been listening to a whole bunch of music I am familiar with, with the two new Anti-Cables attached to the Marantz and the OPPO. Without question, it's always cleaner, clearer now and still so musical.

Have I been convinced that power cords can change what components do with AC power feeds and music processing? Oh, yes.

Would I give up my Anti-Cables? Heck, no!!!

Anthem, I am still anxiously awaiting what your 3rd Anti-Cable and the interconnect do for your listening pleasure!! Keep pushing the envelope!!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, Splash51, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 9 months ago
YEAH, RICK, well done, well said!!!!!
Heck man, you are the one that needs to be writing up these discs and I am the one needs to be reading what you wrote and buying them!!!!! I am REALLY happy that you said better than I can how wonderful that lady's voice is, that full on orchestra and choirs sound.
Back on topic, I am so totally happy with my SC X, just the X mind you, that I cannot imagine Bro Anthem not loving the SC XXL.
It just goes without saying.
Anthem, did you order it already?????

D. T. Rick and Anthem, and all,
I do have a really good power conditioner/surge (and drop) protector that I run all my equipment through. AND I have already replaced all my original equipment power cables with BIG OLD WATER HOSE sized cables. I did this because I don't really believe power cables can make that much of a difference, but what the hey, even if I get a 5% increase in sonic pleasure out of them, they will be worth it, since everything else in my system is as good as I can afford.
D. T. I have tried the ferrite rings, and only find them helpful on the HDMI cables.
Anthem and Rick, I trust what you are hearing with the Anti Cables, good for you!!!!!! But I think D. T. is in a more or less same position as me with the power conditioner, etc. so IF he can hear a MARKED and GOOD difference when he tries the Anti Cables, then I will go to the trouble of giving them a try. IF he cannot hear any improvement, or only very minimal difference, then I do not believe I will give them a go, since I do NOT have golden ears, and will probably not hear subtle differences.
Not to put undo pressure on you D. T. but you are the decider, the go to man!!!!! ha ha
Besides I have already bought my Christmas present, that big beautiful BBQ you see in my avatar. So I will have to save my pennies up again for anything else.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, Splash51, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Basic Hookup and Wiring Questions Power and speaker cable upgrades