• Splash51's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Splash51 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
2nd That.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Guy's, just wanted to share this. As Wayne stated hook'em up a listen:) I have had the 'discussion' with EE's about this cable thing. I have sat them down in my living room and used lamp cord and cheap RCA analog cables, then with AudioQuest GO4 and Golden Gate. The response was WOW I cant believe the difference!! 12ga cables will get signal to the speaker. It wont carry the nuisances we hear with the better cables. The EE's who took the time to come over had well, cheap equipment and in their living rooms you cant hear the difference. The Triton One's will definitely benefit from a better cable!! As far as measuring the difference, depends on what and how you are measuring. Honestly I don't care what the scope is showing, if I can hear it. It is real. Perception is reality. When I evaluate any new system piece I am as objective as possible. Change 1 thing at a time, use well known source material in a known stable environment. If it helps keep it, if not take it out.

Enjoy!!!!
DT

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 9 months ago
Amazing, simply amazing. If an old hound dog such as Splash51 can hear and be impressed by a speaker wire, think of the possibilities. What if we were to throw him an Anti-Cable Reference 3 powercord...I'm thinking the "HEAD SPIN" scene from The Exorcist. :cheer:
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, Splash51, T Cobe

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 8 years 9 months ago
Well of course he and others can hear a difference. Keep in mind, we don't have Golden Ears for nothing :lol:
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Splash51, T Cobe

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Anthem. although I can prove with an easy listening test that speaker and interconnects make a Huge difference, I'm not sold on the power cord thing. I have looked at some of the specs on various "filtering cords". If they do make a difference then I would speculate there is quite a bit of noise on your AC line. Just for grins I have added ferrite cores on all my power cords. I am still evaluating this. There are a few tracks I can hear a difference in some of the higher freq instruments. I can (well I think I can) hear some clarity of background, if that makes any since? The tracks I am listening to are from Stevie Wonder, Steely Dan and Dire Straits. Some old and not so old tracks that were recorded well originally.

What differences can you hear with those Anti-Cables? I have had my granddaughter all of Nov so I have not been on the forum and am behind on the updates. Sorry....

Enjoy!!
DT

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 9 months ago
Hey D.T.
IF you try the Anti Cable Power cords and like them, PLEASE let us know, I am waiting for a couple more highly recommended
before I go to the trouble and expense.
All the best, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, Splash51, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Basic Hookup and Wiring Questions Power and speaker cable upgrades