lightbulb Super Sub XXL HUM

• HTNUT1975's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 35
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
HTNUT1975 Posted 5 years 2 months ago

Moderator wrote: Hmm. All the ones I've seen can easily switch the terminal lugs, looks like someone got carried away with the sealant. Your dealer can order a replacement amp for that sub as a way to deal with the hum problem. Or just grab a pliers and pull off and reverse.

I may try a line conditioner from Bluejeans (www.amazon.com/Transformer-Eliminator-Bl...-Cable/dp/B00GG1PK5W)or Rolls to see if that alleviates the problem before reopening the beasts. I'm going to first try the Rolls HE18 (www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/380761-RE...F_HE18_Buzz_Off.html) because I have two subs, so it'll be significantly cheaper (and I don't use a y connector at the moment, because I have two sub outs on a Denon with SubEq). If that does the trick, I'll be pretty satisfied. I'll report back with the results!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 5 years 2 months ago

HTNUT1975 wrote: Well, whoever was on the assembly line that day was determined I get a quality "sturdy" connection at least. ;-)

Yes, exactly the point, the forces inside the sealed SuperSub XXL are like a jackhammer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HTNUT1975

• HTNUT1975's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 35
HTNUT1975 Posted 5 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by HTNUT1975. info_outline
Ok, I wanted to give a quick update on my "hum" or buzz problem with my two subwoofers. I ended up giving the Rolls HE18 - Buzz Off a try (see www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/380761-RE...&lsft=BI%3A514&smp=Y). I picked the Rolls over the Blue Jeans option (mentioned in a post, above), because one unit can handle two channels (and I have two subwoofers using two sep channels in my Denon--not Y connected).

Works like a charm! It completely eliminated the hum (which both subs emitted). I'm sure it is cable management problems/electrical problems from the townhouse, given the fact that both subs behaved identically. So, hopefully, if someone else comes across this problem (which is evidently pretty common with a sub, regardless of brand), know that it at least solved my problem with my SSXL's. Got it for only 39 bucks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

• jeremypng's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 1
jeremypng Posted 4 years 5 months ago
I had a bad hum that the Blue Jeans transformers wouldn't kill in my SuperSub XXLs. I tried everything I could think of but it wouldn't go away. I ran across this post and swapped the hot/neutral on the outlet going to my power conditioner and the hum is gone. Glorious silence out of my subs :)

Thanks!

• Outlaw#9's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 21
Outlaw#9 Posted 4 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Outlaw#9. info_outline
Its probably a grounding issue with your pre amp or tv to you processor. If you get a good quality power conditioner and ground all the chassis of you pre amp, amp and other items to the power conditioner you hum or ground loop issues will likely be gone.
My System
Yamaha RX-A 1000
2- Panamax Power Cond.
Rotel RB-1090
Rotel RMB-1095
Polk SDA 1.2TL
Paradigm Studio CC-470v3
2 Supersub XXL’s
Paradigm Studio 60 Rears.
Monster THX cables

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 4 years 5 months ago

Outlaw#9 wrote: Its probably a grounding issue with your pre amp or tv to you processor. If you get a good quality power conditioner and ground all the chassis of you pre amp, amp and other items to the power conditioner you hum or ground loop issues will likely be gone.

You can also try lifting the ground at the sub's AC power cord.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSub Series Super Sub XXL HUM