question-circle SuperSat 3Cs as rear surrounds?

• aeron17's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
aeron17 Posted 4 years 2 months ago
Hi there,

Unfortunately I just purchased what I thought were used SuperSat 3s that turned out to be SuperSat 3Cs. Can I use these as rear surrounds mounted vertically? I know the tweeters are rotated 90 degrees. My couch is up against the wall and I'll be mounting them with SuperSwivels.

I'm using an old Marantz 7005 pre and have never had surrounds in this system (only 3.1 to-date), so am wondering if I'm really going to notice a difference. I got them for a great price ($200 for the pair) so am reticent to send them back if the difference will be slight.

Thanks for any insight you can share,
Adam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 4 years 2 months ago
They'll work fine if you're reasonably on axis with them. The 3C and all the SuperSat "C" versions are optimized for horizontal placement, but if you're not too far off axis vertically & horizontally and used as surrounds, I'm sure they will still do well for you.

• aeron17's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
aeron17 Posted 4 years 2 months ago
Thanks so much for the quick and helpful reply. I'll be sure to mount them at/near ear-level. Again, thanks.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSat Series SuperSats SuperSat 3Cs as rear surrounds?