file Positioning

• emidalla76's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
emidalla76 Posted 12 years 8 months ago
Having the possibility to choose (like I have), and using them as surround, is there any difference in keeping them on a stand, or instead putting them on a bookshelf, both vertically or horizontally (using 3c of course)? Would you suggest one positioning over the others? If so, why?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 12 years 8 months ago
No difference, as long as the "C" versions are used horizontally only, so no preference. Care should be used when shelf mounting to make sure the shelf or surroundings are not close proximity reflective surfaces.

Personally, I do like to position the Rears//Surrounds higher than ear level for a more movie-theater like surround presentation.

• emidalla76's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
emidalla76 Posted 12 years 8 months ago
Thank you for the quick reply, as usual :)

Moderator wrote:

No difference, as long as the "C" versions are used horizontally only, so no preference. Care should be used when shelf mounting to make sure the shelf or surroundings are not close proximity reflective surfaces.

What about positioning them in front of the books? They should prevent reflections quite well, shouldn't they?

Moderator wrote:

Personally, I do like to position the Rears//Surrounds higher than ear level for a more movie-theater like surround presentation.

That would be my idea... This way, our cat would not be able to reach them, either :laugh:

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back