file wall mounting SuperSat 3

• wawaron's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
wawaron Posted 13 years 2 months ago
I may be buying a pair of SuperSat 3s and wall mounting them as a replacement for my Mirage surrounds. They need to go behind the listening position so I need to wall mount them. Will the threads match up with a universal wall mount? Or does GoldenEar Tech have wall mounts for the SuperSat 3s?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 13 years 2 months ago
The SuperSat 3's have two options for wall mounting. The first is a standard keyway mount on the rear top and bottom of the speaker (install appropriate wall hardware using supplied template and slide speaker onto screw heads), which mounts the speaker flat and tight against the wall. The second is a threaded insert in the middle of the back of the speaker. The insert is a 1/4-20 thread and works with most universal wall mounting swivel brackets. Hope this information helps.

Hi can the SuperSat3's be mounted horizontally as surrounds, for wider better sound dispersion? Must they be mounted behind the listener or can they be mounted slightly in front of the listener?

The dispersion of the SuperSat 3 is the same in a Horizontal and Vertical configuration AS LONG AS YOU USE THE "C" VERSION FOR ANY HORIZONTAL APPLICATION. Using a standard model rather than a "C" placed horizontally will not yield good results.

If you wish to mount your SuperSat 3's Horizontally as surrounds for cosmetic preference, just make sure they are SuperSat 3C's. Location of surrounds is often a matter of preference and possibility, but the recommended position for best surround performance would be to the side and slightly behind the main listening area. I prefer them placed high to give a more movie theater type presentation, although some prefer ear level placement.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for comments. They would be at the same location as my Mirage surround speakers to the side and about 4 to 5 feet above my seated position.

That would be perfect.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSat Series SuperSats wall mounting SuperSat 3