file Amp/Pre-Pro/Receiver advice

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 11 years 10 months ago
I have heard that from others with the MRX receivers - Anthem claims it is a connection issue but that seems unlikely given the number of complaints (and that I don't get this from Anthem Processor owners). Might want to solicit their help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• junkmail20000's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
junkmail20000 Posted 11 years 9 months ago
Hello. With the Anthem MRX on v50.25 firmware, has anyone been successful getting the LFE signal to their Triton 2s with settings of Large Front and No Subwoofer set in the MRX?

With this setup, it seems the LFE signal is discarded in multichannel playback and the only way to get the LFE signal is setting Subwoofer to Yes and hooking up subwoofer cables through a Y splitter to the Tritons.

Did something change in the latest Anthem MRX 50.25 firmware so LFE gets discarded?

Moderator Posted 11 years 9 months ago
According to Anthem, if you have a 5.0 system the .1 channel (LFE) will be downmixed to the Large L/R main speakers. You'd have to ask them if this has changed recently (although I am quite sure it has not - this is a standard).

• junkmail20000's Avatar Offline
junkmail20000 Posted 11 years 8 months ago
I have confirmed that the Anthem MRX receivers on firmware 50.25 discards the LFE signal in a 5.0 setup.

• emidalla76's Avatar Offline
emidalla76 Posted 11 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by emidalla76. info_outline
I have finally purchased a TritonCinema Three system (with 2 LFE cables) and will hook it to my Anthem MRX500 so, please excuse me for asking again, but I would be very grateful if we could recap the recommended settings.

Music mode (Stereo music listening): LF large, sub NO

Movie mode (Multichannel movie/music listening): LF large, sub YES, LFE cables (they will be connected also in music mode but will not send any signal).

Is this correct? Any other suggestion?

Is it better to wait for the break in period to be over, before using ARC, or should I immediately run ARC and then (maybe) repeat it after 50-60 hours of playing?

Many thanks!

P.S. I really can't wait for the speakers to arrive :woohoo:

Moderator Posted 11 years 8 months ago
The setup you describe is correct IF the LFE cables are required to get LFE to the speakers (conflicting information here on the Anthem receivers). I would suggest waiting a day or two of playing time before running ARC. A few suggestions for ARC: 1) Turn bass level control on Tritons to around 9 o'clock before running ARC, 2) Do not use the ARC default frequency limit - we'd suggest setting a max frequency of anywhere from 500-1500Hz; 3) After running ARC, adjust Triton bass level to taste. Have fun!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series TritonCinema Amp/Pre-Pro/Receiver advice