file Marantz receivers with triton 2

• jaquesben's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
jaquesben Posted 12 years 3 months ago
I plan on purchasing the Triton 2 towers and the Superstat 50C center channel speaker next month. I will be running these as a 5.1 system, mostly for home theater, with 2 (8") in-ceiling rear surround speakers. Now, I am trying to decide on the best amp to power everything. I have come down to the Marantz SR5007 (100 watts/channel) or the Marantz NR1603 (50 watts/channel) as they both have everything I need with respect to network capabilities and the ability to run 2 separate zones. I am wondering what receiver you would recommend (to better the speakers), as the price difference is about $200-250 difference from my local dealer?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 12 years 3 months ago
Either would be fine - I would recommend the larger unit for a Triton Two based home theater (receiver's power specs are notoriously over rated, I'd be concerned the 50 watt unit might only deliver 20 watts to the speakers when all channels are playing).

• jaquesben's Avatar Offline school
jaquesben Posted 12 years 3 months ago
Thanks for the advice, I was leaning toward the large one as well. I was thinking of using 12 gauge speaker wire, from a place like Home Depot to connect everything... Will that be sufficient. Or should I avoid places like that. This will be my first "High End" theater set-up, and I am wondering what a realistic speaker wire budget will be???

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 12 years 3 months ago
Can't speak to Home Depot speaker wire, but 12 gauge is probably good. Typically I suggest using a "branded" cable product, from a vendor like Tributaries, or Audioquest, or Kimber, or even Monster. Not sure what cables are costing these days but probably a couple dollars a foot should be more than adequate.

• Will's Avatar Offline
Will Posted 11 years 9 months ago
Hi Jaquesben,

I am planning to get a Triton Three as there are so many positive review about the Tritons. The nearest showroom is more than 300 miles away. Before ordering it from a local dealer, I would appreciate it if you could share your opinion if your Marantz SR5007 works well with your Triton. I am thinking about matching the Triton Three with your Marantz, or a Onkyo TX-NR709 or equivalent AV Receivers. It would take me much longer time to save enough for a high spec Receiver or separate amps.

Looking forward to your reply and hope you are enjoying your Triton immensely.

Cheers.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Marantz receivers with triton 2