question-circle results after calibration Triton two +

• Crocluc's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Crocluc Posted 3 weeks 22 hours ago
Last edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by Crocluc. info_outline
Hello community, I'm calling on you again.
After calibration with a Yamaha rx-a6a amp and trough a Tonewinner ad-2500 power Amplifier, I get a cut-off frequency of 100 herz and a size detected as “small”. Do you think these results are correct? Of course, I adjusted the Tritons two+, from small to large, and set a value of 80 herz. What explains these results after calibration? My speakers are connected to both LFE channels and to mains power. Is it because only the midrange and treble speakers are active during calibration, can this explain the 100 Herz crossover frequency?What are your calibration results and experiences? Don't hesitate to share your calibration data and values.
Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 2 weeks 3 days ago
Hi Crocluc, I do not have any calibration results to share, however, maybe I can explain how the subwoofer section of the Triton Two+ is designed to operate - and hopefully, you'll find this information helpful.

Using the LFE input on the Triton Two+ towers is truly an optional connection method. It's not necessary for the towers to properly play bass. Maybe, I can explain a bit.

First, the amplifier built-into the Triton Two+ is designed to combine or sum together any bass it receives from the speaker wire connections with any bass it receives from the LFE input. Basically, the amplifier built-into the Triton Two+ is designed to play any - and all bass that's sent to the tower. (Specifically, the bass signal the tower receives through the speaker wire connection passes through the tower’s built-in crossover network – which is set to 150hz, and the bass signal the tower receives through the LFE input bypasses the tower’s internal crossover network. We’re relying on the main receiver/processor to perform the crossover function for the bass sent through the LFE connection.)

When using the LFE input, in a real sense, you're sending the towers two bass signals. You're sending the towers bass from the regular left and right speaker wire connections as well as bass from the LFE cable.

If you connect an LFE cable to the towers, the towers will then play both the bass they receive through the speaker wires as well as the bass they receive through the LFE cable. In this instance, I'd recommend setting your processor to large front speakers - and subwoofer to "on" or "yes". Ultimately, you'll have more control of the bass produced by your towers if you connect an LFE cable to them. (Your processor will normally have various controls for its subwoofer output - like the crossover frequency and output level.
Setting your processor's sub out crossover to 80hz works well in most applications.)

If, however, you did not connect an LFE cable to the towers, but set your processor to large front speaker, and no subwoofer, the towers will still receive the full bass from your system - right through the regular speaker wires. Your processor would normally redirect the bass that would have been sent through its subwoofer output (or LFE output) to the large front speakers. The towers will still work well when they're connected with speaker wires only (and your processor is set to large front speakers and no subwoofer). Happy Listening!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crocluc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers results after calibration Triton two +