question-circle Subwoofer "Pop"

• ROCK-ON's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
ROCK-ON Posted 3 weeks 6 days ago
I purchased the Triton 1 towers in 2014 and the pair have been serving me well. I love the sound and never had a problem. One of the Triton 1's has recently developed a subwoofer "pop" followed by an intermittent pulsating distortion sound.

I have swapped out power cables (run through a Furman PL-PLUS DMC power conditioner) and direct into a wall socket, speaker cables, and interconnects. Whether employing an integrated tube (PrimaLuna EVO 300) or Yamaha A/S2100 integrated amplifier, the same issue is encountered.

I do not over-drive my audio systems, listening at a maximum of 75-80 dB (measured by SPL meter at sitting position). I'm open to any recommendations. I appreciate the time expended and courtesy of a response. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 3 weeks 6 days ago
Hi Rock-On, From your description it would be safe to say you're experiencing one of two possible problems. First, the amplifier in this Triton One may be picking up some interference from a Wi-Fi router. If a router is physically close to this tower, try (temporarily) unplugging this router from the AC outlet to see if the bad sounds from the tower stop or not.

If there is not a router physically near this tower (that's causing interference), I suspect the amplifier built-into this tower is defective - and is creating these bad sounds. In this case, please contact GoldenEar's customer service department. I am sure they can help you. You can reach them at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 1-949-800-1805 (M-F 9-5:30 Eastern Time).

• ROCK-ON's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
ROCK-ON Posted 3 weeks 5 days ago
To: MODERATOR. Thank you for the quick and informative recommendation. Relocating the WiFi router seems to have resolved the issue. I don't fully understand the correlation, but am pleased with the result. Warm regards, Dan

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back