question-circle Replacement socks Triton 2+ delivered to New Zealand?

• PoisonFush's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 24
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
PoisonFush Posted 1 year 9 months ago
Hi GE gang!

I would like to get some replacement socks as mine are looking a little tired in places from some cat-related mishaps.

I am in New Zealand and my dealer has quoted me NZ$475 (US$290) for replacements.

This seems kinda outrageous to me and I don't know if this is mostly due to distributer mark up (my dealer is usually pretty sharp on pricing) or whether they really are this expensive now!

I was wondering if there were any vendors elsewhere in the world that could supply and ship for a more reasonable price?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 1 year 9 months ago
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by GDHAL. info_outline
Hi PoisonFush.

I cannot answer your question with any degree of certainty, but I can offer my opinion.

The price as you've stated doesn't seem outrageous. Individual parts for any product are always disproportionate to the product in it's entirety. You're certainly doing the right thing to check for a better deal though.

Thing is, even if you get a better deal and do the replacement, wouldn't you be subject to the same (in your case cat) problem?

Point is perhaps look to fix the cause rather than the symptom.

Best.

Hal
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• PoisonFush's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 24
PoisonFush Posted 1 year 9 months ago
Hi Hal! The cat issue is (mostly) resolved and they don't show much interest now, hence my desire to get some pristine new socks in hand for installation at some point in the future.

I seem to recall seeing other posts on the web where people were getting socks for around US$75ea which seems much more reasonable...

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 1 year 9 months ago
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Hi PoisonFush, Unfortunately, it's quite expense to ship parts (via FED EX International Economy or FED EX International Priority) from the US to New Zealand. I suspect a good amount of the cost for these replacement parts is due to the high cost of shipping these parts.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 1 year 9 months ago
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by GDHAL. info_outline
Hi PoisonFush.

Glad to understand you've got the cat issue under control. :)

So given what the Moderator is stating about shipping cost, what you're stating you've seen on the internet (75, and not knowing if that is "new" and a reliable source) and what your dealer is quoting (290), perhaps try and negotiate with your dealer. For instance, does the 290 (US) include installation? Also, is what you've seen 150 for the pair, versus 290 for the pair?

It may be worth it, especially if new and installation is included.

Another bartering route idea might be to "show cash" to the dealer (less of course than what the dealer is asking).

Hope it works out for you.

Best.

Hal

EDIT: yet another barter idea is that if it's a dealer you've done business with a few times already and are likely to use that dealer again, perhaps buy something else you might otherwise be thinking about getting and have the dealer give you a "package deal" so to speak.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Replacement socks Triton 2+ delivered to New Zealand?