file Dirac vs Audessey

• Monroe's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Monroe Posted 2 years 4 months ago
Hello everyone, I've been planning to buy an AVR to replace my outdated pre amp processor and amp. I plan on building a full HT setup and I feel the bass department is pretty well taken care of by my Triton 2+. I keep reading that Audessey is kind of a no go because it can't seem to place the powered section of the Tritons. Is this going to be the same story with DIRAC live? Denon x3700H on one hand and Onkyo TX RZ50. Opinions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 2 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Hi Monroe, If you connected the two subwoofer outputs from either the Denon or Onkyo receivers your considering to the LFE inputs on each of your Triton Two+ towers, these receivers would treat the subwoofers in the towers like two separate subwoofers. You could then use the Audyssey or Dirac auto-calibration systems built-into these receivers with "reasonably good" success. Granted, it's hard to say how accurately both of these auto-calibrations would work in your system, but it's certainly worth a try. (You could always tweak the subwoofer controls in these receivers manually as well.) Happy Listening!

• nakenergy's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 1
nakenergy Posted 2 years 1 month ago
not sure why I cannot post new topics but I am new to Goldenear. I bought the Triton One.R and the reference center to start with; surrounds and atmos coming later. Currently using other brands surrounds.

Trying to hook up my power sounds audio sub and the triton lfe inputs (split) into the 2 sub outs of my Integra 3.4 receiver and then run Dirac calibration. Any tips on how this will go? Anyone tried this before? Is this the most popular hook up for additional subwoofers?

Thanks in advance!

• Bandaidman's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
Bandaidman Posted 2 years 3 weeks ago
I have Triton 2+ towers, SPS center channel, HTR7000 in ceiling front atmos (adding rears but need new AVR to do so) and MPX in wall surrounds.

Running a 7 channel Denon AVR about 6 years old, cant recall model but when I run Auddesey I found it underwhelming. I have the Towers on LFE off of a splitter. When I manual adjust I get very nice sound. I too am looking at a new AVR and considering getting a model with DIRAC in hopes that the mixing with the subs is improved. Eye balling the Integra 3.4 but I know that is not enough power alone, heard Denon is maxing x3800h which has everything I want for a reasonable price tag.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Dirac vs Audessey