heart Thanks to the Moderator and Sharing a Synergy that works reall very well

• JasonViolin913's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
JasonViolin913 Posted 2 years 10 months ago
After several months, listening and testing I would like to share a Triton 1.R. Synergy that really works well. Triton 1.R's, AudioQuest NRG-Z3 power cables (thanks Mr. Moderator), Anti-Cables Level 3.1 Speaker Wires to Schitt Aegirs (2) as mono blocks (80 RMS class A)amps, Audio-Quest Mackenzie XLR interconnects and Herbies 1 inch disc sliders under the Triton 1.R spikes. The wires, cables, sliders come to about $900-1000 total upgrade and make a very significant audible difference in everything.. Much better imaging, tighter bass, Smother ribbon tweater transition to the midrange drivers. All the cables, sliders as listed will work with almost any amp and make the 1.R's 20-30% better (really). I have tried the PS audio Stellar S300 and M700, Pass Labs first watt, Prima Luna Prologue and the Rogue Cronus Magnum and all sound good and with the above set up. However, the moderately priced Schitt Aegirs (2) $1600 for the pair sound much better than they should for the price and compete with amps costing 3 times as much (in this system). Just wanted to share. My listening room is 24 X 15 hardwood floor on concrete.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 2 years 10 months ago
Great report, JasonViolin13!

Thanks for sharing. Yes, upgraded speaker stabilizers, power cords, speaker wire and interconnects can make a big difference. Congrats on finding what works for you, and happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• southsider's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 7
southsider Posted 2 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by southsider. info_outline
I always get the "Placebo effect" with expensive wires & interconnects. It seems that if you sent 1k or 2k for speaker cables now you have to convince yourself psychologically that expensive wire does make your speakers sounds better.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 2 years 10 months ago
Hi, southsider

Whatever works for each of us. My own personal experience with power cords in particular, where I too had a lot of skepticism, is that the brand and model makes a big difference. Some none at all. And I have found Nordost, Audience, AntiCable and other power cords that fundamentally change how some gear sounds, especially sources like receivers and disc players. Just more natural, more clarity, more dynamics. And that no doubt varies by what each person has for gear, speakers, and listening preferences.

So we all get to choose, and enjoy things the way we like them.

Love this hobby.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Thanks to the Moderator and Sharing a Synergy that works reall very well