file AVR suggestion

• superpower700's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
superpower700 Posted 5 years 7 months ago
Hi there experts,
Looking to purchase a new AVR.
Considering:
Yamaha RX A2080 (A3080 looks good but seems the A2080 will do just fine)
Denon X6400H

Do you guys think either AVR will support my speaker setup well, and also any experience with these receivers?

My setup:
Triton Three+ (front)
Supercenter XL (center)
Supersat 60c (2x mid + 2x rear)

Thank you all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 5 years 7 months ago
Certainly either will be fine, we have no experience with either and the lack of response by forum members may mean no one has either unit. It seems Marantz and Anthem are the most prevalent AVR brands we see from forum members, FYI.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Corey's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 5
Corey Posted 5 years 7 months ago
The Yamaha RX-A2080 will do very well with your setup. I have a Yamaha RX-A3040, which was paired with Triton One fronts and an XXL center. A few months ago, I upgraded to the Triton References as fronts and added SuperSats 50s as surrounds. My Triton Refs and XXL center are now powered by a Parasound Halo A31 three-channel amplifier (MSRP of about $3,000), but are connected to the Yamaha through the pre-outs. All soundfields and other processing are still supported by the Yamaha.

I was very satisfied with the performance of the A3040. I listened to classical and smooth jazz from two channel sources, and the sound was very clear, smooth, and crisp with no distortion - even when played at symphony level volume. I have also watch action TV series and movies with loud sound effects at high volume, and have been very impressed. I have no regrets about buying the A3040 (my next upgrade will probably be the Yamaha CX-A5300 or A5400 pre-amplifier). The A2080 is an improvement over the A3040 in the processors and now has Surround:AI.

I am actually on my way to purchasing the SuperCenter Reference center to replace my XXL. No problems with any of my previous purchases, I am just on a quest for continual improvement.
Spkr (GoldenEar): (L/R) Triton Reference; (C) SuperCenter Reference; (LS/RS) SuperSat 50;
AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A3040; Amp: (LCR): Parasound Halo A31; Blu-Ray (4K): Oppo UDP-203;
TV: Sony xbr75z9d; Sony xbr65z9d RCA Interconnects: BetterCables Silver Serpent
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back