file Lifespan/Longevity of Powered Tritons?

• PoisonFush's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 24
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
PoisonFush Posted 6 years 4 months ago
I have had my Triton Two+ for about 2 months now and I am over the moon with them so far. The speakers they replaced were a bit of rushed purchase and I had never been entirely happy with them, so after much more diligent testing before the purchase this time round, I am so glad to have found the right speakers for me.

The only doubts I had were around the increased complexity of speakers with powered units in them. Given that a good pair of non-powered speakers should last for many, many years without problems if treated well, I was wondering if anyone had any comments or opinions of the expected lifespan of a pair of powered Tritons, assuming they have no defects and are treated with respect?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 4 months ago
Hi PoisonFush,
and welcome here!!! Great question and one I guess most of us have asked ourselves, and how can we know? Years from now we will know how well our Triton towers have faired. And with a pair of TOnes, a pair of T 2s, a pair of T 3s and 2 pairs of T 7s, I reckon I am betting on them big time, to last the rest of my lifetime!!!!!
But life is a bit of a crap shoot, you can never know. So the thing that gives me hope and some confidence is the reputation GEt is building of taking care of their customers, after sales service and the fact that the company is going strong, looks to be around for a long time!!!
Enjoy your Triton 2+s because they must sound wonderful!!!!!
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, HTSME, PoisonFush

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 6 years 4 months ago
Poisonfush? Explain that one.

As to the Lifespan/Longevity of the powered Triton's, I don't believe you have anything to worry about. As long as you are the ORGINAL OWNER, the Good Folks at GEt will go above and beyond what the warranty states. If I owned my T Refs for 100 years and had a problem, I wouldn't be surprised if they would still take care of me.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME, PoisonFush

PoisonFush Posted 6 years 4 months ago
Thanks guys - yes, I have already been heartened by the many tales of GEs exemplary warranty support, so I am not too worried I guess!

I wonder if we still have folks on the board with their original T2 going strong? It does seem that once you buy into the GE range, the urge to upgrade is strong so I don't know how many are still around?

anthem wrote: Poisonfush? Explain that one.

Hah - it is pretty convoluted!

Years ago I sometimes used the irritatingly long online-handle "Poison...poison...TastyFish!" after a scene in a very old Simpson episode which always tickled me.

Given it is pretty long, I sometimes shortened it just to "PoisonFish" and now in tribute (gentle mocking?) of my wife's accent and the New Zealand accent in general, I occasionally change it to "PoisonFush"
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, HTSME

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: correction info_outline
Hey PoisonFush,
Thanks for the explanation, funny!!!!
My Triton 2s are still going VERY strong and get play every day for several hours.
Having said that, one bass amp module did die. But GEt very kindly changed it out for FREE!!!!!
So I am quite happy.
Hope this helps answer your question and help with your concerns.
Happy listening down there, Yours is a BEAUTIFUL country, I have only ever spent any time (1 week) in New Plymouth, in Taranaki, but loved it. Have good KIWI friends.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, HTSME, PoisonFush

PoisonFush Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Hi Wayne - shame you had an issue, but glad to hear that GE stand behind their products and gave you the right support!

I am hoping to have my Two+ for a long time, so fingers crossed I don't have any issues. I assume, amp aside, that the cones and drivers are high-quality and sturdy..?

Not been to Taranaki myself, but it is indeed a beautiful place and I am luck to live here.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Lifespan/Longevity of Powered Tritons?