question-circle A couple of amp questions

• secretguy's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 25
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
secretguy Posted 6 years 10 months ago
I may do that. Actually the local dealer is having people from Rogue in later this week along with "special" deals. Then again, I wonder if I really want to go down the tube rabbit hole. Also, as I've been reading more, I find lots of complaints about noise with the Chronus. So....we'll see.

I appreciate everyone's comments.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, Rackon, HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 10 months ago
Hey Secretguy.
I hope you find exactly what you are looking for. The "tube rabbit hole" is not the worst place in the world.
But I have never heard Rogue, will stick with what I know and say that hybrid is a really great way to go.
IF you have any access to Vincent pre, power or integrated amps, many cost less than what you are looking at and sound wonderful.
Peachtree seems to hit a lot of people right, as does Parasound. Bro Rick loves his new class D ATI amps, I have a lot of respect for Bel Canto which Charlie is using, several Anthem lovers here.
Happy hunting,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, Rackon, HTSME

• Rackon's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 55
Rackon Posted 6 years 10 months ago

secretguy wrote: I may do that. Actually the local dealer is having people from Rogue in later this week along with "special" deals. Then again, I wonder if I really want to go down the tube rabbit hole. Also, as I've been reading more, I find lots of complaints about noise with the Chronus. So....we'll see.

I appreciate everyone's comments.

BTW, I should've mentioned I owned a couple of Rogue preamps once upon a time and found them to be very good sounding, bang for the buck components. The Rogue guys also offer excellent service, BTW. I eventually moved on to other gear due to speaker upgrade, ending with a Herron tubed preamp and Herron solid state mono amps, which were wonderful (and a wonderul big price too), but that's a tale for another time.

Your dealer's event sounds like fun, especially if you're a tube newbie. Don't worry abut the deals or the gear's "noise", or whether you want to get married to tubes or solid state yet. Just have a listen and enjoy - you'll meet some cool people and learn a lot more than when you did before. Let your ears be the judge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME

• secretguy's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 25
secretguy Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Referring back to this after all this time. I still haven't dome amything. Inertia and $. LOL. Anyway...still thinking about tubes in the chain...but I've recently read such great things about Nuprime...esp the ST 10 power amp. Anyone hear this?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
stereo5 Posted 6 years 3 months ago
I used a Rogue Chronus Magnum tube amp on a pair of Triton 2 speakers for a year and a half. It took a 6K McIntosh solid state integrated to beat it. You will love the sound of 100 tube watts per channel with the Cronus.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers A couple of amp questions