file Triton Reference: Congratulations To GE for the Golden Ear Award from TAS

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
GDHAL Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by GDHAL. info_outline
Summoning all of the classical aficionados on the forum. The absolute sound review makes mention of:

It also did as much as possible to reproduce the complex mix of deep lower frequencies, massive orchestral power, and soundstage imaging in my recording of the last movement of Saint-Saëns Symphony No. 3. Like Mahler’s “Symphony of a Thousand,” there are some pieces of music that are simply too massive to accurately reproduce in the home.

If anyone has those two pieces in redbook CD quality or preferably in hi-rez format and is willing to make those two tracks available for download (say via dropsend.com or similar) I'd be most appreciative and could likewise return the favor by serving up some Grateful Dead drum tracks that at a modest volume when played through the T Refs would certainly cause small objects not secured down in your home to move. :lol:
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rackon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rackon's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 55
Rackon Posted 6 years 11 months ago
LOL, GDHAL, I was just listening to the Mahler 8 today.

So I have two recordings of each symphony (at least) on LP and CD. But even if I had a clue how to download and send them I wouldn't do it - I'd be afraid if you played them on your Refs you'd crack the roof! ;-)

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Rackon wrote: LOL, GDHAL, I was just listening to the Mahler 8 today.

So I have two recordings of each symphony (at least) on LP and CD. But even if I had a clue how to download and send them I wouldn't do it - I'd be afraid if you played them on your Refs you'd crack the roof! ;-)

The way you would do this would be to rip the CD track to a wav file. Many programs such as windows media player can do that. Then, you could use traders little helper to encode to flac, so the disk file size is reduced. Then the flac can be uploaded to a website and made available for download. All of that is free with the exception of your time.

I've got plenty of music to trade should you be so inclined, but I totally understand if not. halr.x10.mx/shows.html :)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling

Might try it - there's the issue of no optical drive in the MacBook but I might give it a whirl. The thought of you deprived of the Philadelphia Orchestra/Ormandy Saint-Saens organ symphony on those Refs is making me blue. I'd be happy send it without trade but maybe another fan already has it downloaded.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Rackon wrote: Might try it - there's the issue of no optical drive in the MacBook but I might give it a whirl. The thought of you deprived of the Philadelphia Orchestra/Ormandy Saint-Saens organ symphony on those Refs is making me blue. I'd be happy send it without trade but maybe another fan already has it downloaded.

Found it! B)

Well, one of them anyway. FREE AND HI-REZ! :)

It's a torrent file (peer-to-peer download). I already have torrent client software.

Saint-Saëns Symphony No. 3
soundpark.world/album/torrent-3321-camil...ns-symphony-no3-1962

I'm on the hunt for Mahler’s “Symphony of a Thousand which I can also grab off the Internet. However, that is in mp3 quality and would be blasphemy if I played that through my system. :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rackon

Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Rackon. info_outline
All right! PLAY IT LOUD. (Especially the finale) :-)

PS: If you can't find a Mahler 8 in hi rez, the Mahler Symphony 1 would do, especially the last movement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton Reference: Congratulations To GE for the Golden Ear Award from TAS