file Triton I and Pure Power 3000+ Power regeneration Questions

• boleary3's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 16
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
boleary3 Posted 7 years 2 months ago
So a friend has loaned me his Pure Power (PP) 3000+ regenerator. I believe he's considering selling it. It is an amazing product and if I can cobble together enough nickles and dimes I will buy it. I now have my entire system plugged into it: Triton I's, Aaragon Palladium Monoblocks, Shitte Yagdrasil DAC, DYI audio PC running XXHighEnd software. Two questions: 1.) When I power off the Pure Power, putting it into stand by mode which cuts power to its outlets, I hear a bit of a pop from the speakers. I assume this is because the power is completely cut off to the subs, turning off the subs automatic on/off circuit. Is this pop going to in any way hurt that automatic circuit or the speaker itself in any way? 2.) I have set the output of the PP to 115V instead of 120, which has taken "organic sound" to a new level. Could this cause any damage to the speakers. Thanks in advance for any and all responses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Hi Boleary3,
Congratulations on a great system!!!!!
I will let the Moderator Dude give you a definitive answer to your questions, but both are "no problem".
I get a thump from my Triton Ones every time I power off my power conditioner. C'est la vie.
Glad you are enjoying your sound!!!!
Happy Listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Welcome to the forum boleary3.

In response to number 1, hearing a "pop" when powering off, this is normal and will not (should not) damage the speaker. However, personally, I choose to wait the 20 minutes or so until the Triton amp powers itself goes into standby (power light off). I too have them connected to a switched outlet and keep them completely off when not in use.

In response to number 2, I think setting the output to 115 instead of 120 is a mistake, albeit not a problem. Reason being is the manual clearly indicates "Low Voltage Version - 120 V at 50 or 60 Hz / 1600 Watts" as the consumption specification.

That said, I am using a dedicated (separate breaker) 20 AMP wall outlet >>> Emotiva CMX-2 >>> Panamax MR4300 >>> all audio and video equipment. The MR4300 has a volt meter on the front panel. A very accurate one too I might add. I live in Freeport Long island which is known for terrific power (compared to the rest of the country; the village has its own generation station). Still, while the voltage usually varies between 118 and 121, on occasion it has gone as low as 109 and as high as 124. The Triton's have not "complained" (this is my eyes and ears assessment). The MR4300 has circuitry that shuts down the electronics connected to it if the voltage goes to high (130) or low (100).
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Hey Guys,
I think you will find your voltage over there is 110-120 VAC, half of what most of us have, 220-240.
I doubt you will see any problem at all at 115. My power conditioner puts out 220, though it almost NEVER gets that much input.
You guys are fortunate to have pretty clean power. Most of us in this world, DON'T.
Enjoy, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 2 months ago

boleary3 wrote: Two questions: 1.) When I power off the Pure Power, putting it into stand by mode which cuts power to its outlets, I hear a bit of a pop from the speakers. I assume this is because the power is completely cut off to the subs, turning off the subs automatic on/off circuit. Is this pop going to in any way hurt that automatic circuit or the speaker itself in any way? 2.) I have set the output of the PP to 115V instead of 120, which has taken "organic sound" to a new level. Could this cause any damage to the speakers. Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

In answer to your questions:

1) Nope, although it is annoying and perhaps you want to change the timing of the power off as suggested
2) Nope, can't cause damage, although I'd think 120v would be a better setting to get full power from all components

• boleary3's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 16
boleary3 Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Thanks to all for your responses! Unused to such costumer service. So far I have not detected any loss of overall dynamics nor any decrease of bass oomph with the output voltage at 115. Perhaps that's because the Arragons are 400 w per channel and, given the powered subs, they are hardly breaking a sweat. I use a blend of pink noise to set the sub levels and i haven't felt the need to change the levels going from 120 to 115. Where there is an appreciable difference is in the smoothness and clarity of the top end....Eva Cassidy 6 ft away!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton I and Pure Power 3000+ Power regeneration Questions