file Goldenear support for T2 to T2+ switch?

• nealsal's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
nealsal Posted 8 years 2 months ago
Is there any program offered by Goldenear to e.g. buy back Triton 2 speakers for customers who want to upgrade to Triton 2+? Or is Audiogon the only way to go?
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 2 months ago
Contact your dealer for possible trade-in or consignment sale. Demand for non-Plus model is still quite high.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 8 years 2 months ago
There is actually a current thread now on audiogon forum.audiogon.com/discussions/advice-on...-speaker-budget-4500 from a person seeking advice on buying a USED pair of speakers with a $4500 budget to work with. I posted a reply that at that price point he may as well look tworad a new pair of Tritons! It might be worthwhile to post your speakers for sale in that thread to avoid a commission fee should you go the traditional route.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: nealsal, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 2 months ago
GDHAL makes a good recommendation. I asked about selling my SCXL through my local dealer a few months after I bought it when the SCXXL came out and I was looking at getting between $300 and $400 for the speaker. That's a big hit. Doing the same for the T2s could make for an expensive upgrade.

Moderator Dude,

If someone were interested, could they buy the new mid-range drivers, crossovers, and amps and swap out the parts to essentially create the T2+ out of the T2s? While it may not be exact if there were some minor tweaks to internal bracing in the cabinets, wouldn't it be pretty close? What would the cost be if this is viable? Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 2 months ago

GDHAL wrote: There is actually a current thread now on audiogon forum.audiogon.com/discussions/advice-on...-speaker-budget-4500 from a person seeking advice on buying a USED pair of speakers with a $4500 budget to work with.

GDHAL,

I also agree on buying new Tritons. The individual could save up $500 additional and buy the T1s. They're hard to beat: new or used!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 2 months ago

T Cobe wrote: GDHAL makes a good recommendation. I asked about selling my SCXL through my local dealer a few months after I bought it when the SCXXL came out and I was looking at getting between $300 and $400 for the speaker. That's a big hit. Doing the same for the T2s could make for an expensive upgrade.

Cheers,

T Cobe

Re T Cobe's points

Yes, I'd love to see a T2 to T2+ kit made available (though right now I am more than happy with the T1/T2/SCXXL combo I have).

Re trade-in programs.. GEt is always introducing great new speakers, and I have "moved up" a number of times. My dealer (Audio Systems in Austin, TX) is great about taking trade-ins in consignment, and getting usually 50-60% of original price when sold. I'd LOVE to see a GEt sponsored program, as car companies do, to create a wider market for GEt trade-ins. Sandy and co. keep coming up with great new stuff, and I'd really love a better way to get best value for the great speakers being traded in.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Goldenear support for T2 to T2+ switch?