file Goldenear support for T2 to T2+ switch?

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 8 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline
Great idea, Rick. Many retailers offer trade up programs. The trade-ins could then be sold again as factory re-furbished. If other manufacturers are doing it, there has to be a way to find a profitable business model. I see a lot of upsides to this practice. Loyal customers have an easier upgrade path and new customers are brought on board in lower price categories with re-furbished models. Of course, it's easy to be an armchair quarterback... ;)

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nealsal's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
nealsal Posted 8 years 2 months ago
Yeah, I spoke to my dealer about trading in the T2's for T1's--- they offered $4300 for the deal. I had expected somewhat better than that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 2 months ago
Hi gang, thought I'd chime in here.

First, no decision has been made yet about offering upgrade kits. There is some concern that some aspects are outside the scope of most of our dealers and the product was never designed to be a "kit" for owners, so chances are pretty strong this will not happen.

There is a robust market for used Triton Twos, we see them selling for around $1800/pair on average and our expectation is they can be easily resold in that price range. A dealer offering less than say 75% of that value is not a good place for a trade/consignment. Ebay, Audiogon, Craig's List, etc. are all good choices.

The cost of buying four new midrange/bass drivers, two crossovers, the newly programmed DSP board (two input panels) and new wiring harness, at parts pricing, would be prohibitive. Based on the parts pricing I know, this would be around $1000 in parts for the pair.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nealsal, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 2 months ago
Thanks, Moderator. Based on a selling price of $1,800 for a used pair of T2s and a purchase price for the new T2+ at $3,500, I don't think $1,000 in parts is too much. Once you take time, shipping, insurance, PayPal fees, and sales tax into consideration, I don't think a cost of $1,500 to $1,700 would be unreasonable cost for an upgrade but I'm not in the market or an expert in the field. Thanks for the update.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Goldenear support for T2 to T2+ switch?