file Trition One - Grill Replacement

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 8 years 5 months ago
Jose,

I don't want to assume to much on behalf of GET; however, in my experience, they are open to constructive feedback including pointing out manufacturing defects. Based on what I'm reading from your post, it sounds like a manufacturing defect versus a design flaw. Stating that the T1 grill is "cheap" is not the same thing and could be interpreted as disparaging versus constructive.

GET has phenomenal customer service and they have been open to feedback in my experience. They also go well above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. If your T1s have a manufacturing defect, e-mail GET and I'll bet they resolve the issue. In my experience, their service is second to none. They frequently cover gear outside of the warranty period. The one time I had a question about one of my speakers, Mr. Gross himself called me at 8:30 PM his time. Name me another company like that!

As a rule, we are very fond of GET products here. Occasionally, trolls pop in to slander GET and stir up trouble because they have nothing better to do. I don't think that is your intent, but I did want to provide some perspective. Please don't let this hinder your involvement in the forum but rather just be aware of how your words may be interpreted and the reactions they may draw. Thank you for joining us and sharing your experience and awesome man cave with us. I look forward to future posts.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jose R. Sifontes's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 13
Jose R. Sifontes Posted 8 years 5 months ago

T Cobe wrote: Jose,

I don't want to assume to much on behalf of GET; however, in my experience, they are open to constructive feedback including pointing out manufacturing defects. Based on what I'm reading from your post, it sounds like a manufacturing defect versus a design flaw. Stating that the T1 grill is "cheap" is not the same thing and could be interpreted as disparaging versus constructive.

GET has phenomenal customer service and they have been open to feedback in my experience. They also go well above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. If your T1s have a manufacturing defect, e-mail GET and I'll bet they resolve the issue. In my experience, their service is second to none. They frequently cover gear outside of the warranty period. The one time I had a question about one of my speakers, Mr. Gross himself called me at 8:30 PM his time. Name me another company like that!

As a rule, we are very fond of GET products here. Occasionally, trolls pop in to slander GET and stir up trouble because they have nothing better to do. I don't think that is your intent, but I did want to provide some perspective. Please don't let this hinder your involvement in the forum but rather just be aware of how your words may be interpreted and the reactions they may draw. Thank you for joining us and sharing your experience and awesome man cave with us. I look forward to future posts.

Cheers,

T Cobe

Ok - got it and agree, in hindsight my choice of words was less than ideal. Grill design aside I am fond of my Tritons and have no plans to change. Did not mean to stir up the wrong emotions (or God forbid, exhibit troll behavior). I think in general one of my speakers was manufactured at a different point in time than the other (the serial numbers are different) and the one has a few minor defects than the other. Not a big deal, but something I have observed. I have wondered if the grills (which appear to do a fine job sonically - and it helps for them to be thin to achieve that) are hand-installed or assembled by a machine. In any case, the bottom tabs on that one speaker probably should have been replaced but the assembly line let it go as is. Still love my T-1s and fear that if I tell my dealer (Mark Mawhinney - *great* dealer by the way) he will take them for repair, meaning they will not be singing in my basement.

Regards,

Jose
Thanks,

OBG
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
VERY well said, again ,T Cobe!

I echo your opinion of GEt customer service and attention to customer issues. From Moderator Dude to the CEO, Sandy Gross, I have never before experienced such willingness to pitch in and solve problems or answer questions. In my case, Sandy came to the phone when I called and was debating what to do with my existing T2's while purchasing T1's, and he walked me through using using T2's as surrounds, what to do with other speakers, etc. etc. WOW. And so many times on this forum, Moderator Dude has stepped in and solved forum member issues.

Jose, you're in good hands with GEt. They stand by their products!

Enjoy your amazing T1's!!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, T Cobe

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 5 months ago
Jose,

Agreed, screws not tight, or overtightened, is a manufacturing error. I took a peek at my Triton Ones to see if there were any signs of the over-tighten damage you suggested and found all looking nice and tidy. The various parts (like grille clips) are easily replaced to get things back to perfect, as is the metal frame (as discussed). Your dealer can take care of all of this for you under warranty, or provide the parts if you feel like doing the work.

Regarding loose screws, besides the ones my wife says I have in my head, this is a problem i have encountered with audio gear for the four decades I have been in the c/e industry. Whether shipping vibration related or manufacturing related, or both, I have found virtually everything arrives with a screw(s) loose that can be hand tightened. At one company we used to have a line manager walk around the factory with a screwdriver to see if screws were tight while products were being readied for packing ... it was enlightening.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 5 months ago
Thee Moderator has a screw loose...go figure. Thanks Mrs. Moderator for confirming. :cheer:
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 5 months ago
I think as time goes on we all end up with a loose screw or two. Let's call it normal wear and tear... ;)

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Trition One - Grill Replacement