file Triton Twos (one dead sub).

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 8 years 8 months ago

alparkranger wrote: Thank you. I meant no disrespect but on rereading I see it sounds harsh. The point was that what I have is what others have also had so I already know what needs to be done. I'll try the dealer I bought them from but I know he is no longer a GE dealer - Fidelis in NH which is a 2 hour drive, I'll see what he says. No matter, the local dealer wanted $150 just to open it up not sure how much the actual repair would be if they don't honor the warranty (gee, I didn't buy the speakers from them and the warranty is expired - why I'm sure it will be no problem...) That's why my original question was about what am I losing with that one sub down when there is the other speaker and a stand alone 12-in.

First, you want your speaker fixed. You don't want your $3000 speakers half working. It might be easiest to work through our This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. email. Let us contact the closest current GET dealer, or if that isn't going to work, maybe we can work with you on the parts exchange and installation if its within your comfort zone. Shoot us an email there and let us help you get it done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

Moderator wrote:

alparkranger wrote: Thank you. I meant no disrespect but on rereading I see it sounds harsh. The point was that what I have is what others have also had so I already know what needs to be done. I'll try the dealer I bought them from but I know he is no longer a GE dealer - Fidelis in NH which is a 2 hour drive, I'll see what he says. No matter, the local dealer wanted $150 just to open it up not sure how much the actual repair would be if they don't honor the warranty (gee, I didn't buy the speakers from them and the warranty is expired - why I'm sure it will be no problem...) That's why my original question was about what am I losing with that one sub down when there is the other speaker and a stand alone 12-in.

First, you want your speaker fixed. You don't want your $3000 speakers half working. It might be easiest to work through our This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. email. Let us contact the closest current GET dealer, or if that isn't going to work, maybe we can work with you on the parts exchange and installation if its within your comfort zone. Shoot us an email there and let us help you get it done.

Now, THAT'S what I/we all love about Goldenear!!!! Name another company where the founder (Sandy) comes to the phone to help with technical questions, or where the Moderator Dude on the forum comes to bat for us so readily!!! I can't!!!

I'd love the GEt speakers no matter what, but what I just admire so much is that THEY CARE!!! This is my favorite (and only) forum, my group of folks I care about, and the company (GEt) that GETS IT RIGHT!!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Well said Rick!!!!
WHAT HE SAID!!!!
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• imahawki's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
imahawki Posted 8 years 8 months ago
On a side note, (and not to threadjack but I'm curious) how hard IS it to swap out an amp in a powered Triton? I've built a GainClone amp from scratch, soldered all of the components to the PCBs, built the power supply from the transformer up, etc. as well as several other assembly (from plug in the parts like building a PC from scratch) to other circuit board work.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 8 months ago

imahawki wrote: On a side note, (and not to threadjack but I'm curious) how hard IS it to swap out an amp in a powered Triton?

You need to be able to use a Phillips head screwdriver, a nut driver, and your fingers (to disconnect various PCB connectors on each of the two modules). Actual PCB-level repair is rarely done even by our techs. Takes about 15 minutes to swap out the two modules (input panel and power amp) if you work slowly.

• imahawki's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
imahawki Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Thanks. I didn't intend to imply I would expect to be soldering PCBs, I was more inquiring about skill level. I sounds like its more akin to swapping out a video card on a PC vs. building an electronic component from scratch. That's very reassuring to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton Twos (one dead sub).