• imahawki's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
imahawki Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Fair enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 7 months ago

anthem wrote: You guys sound like a pack of wolves. If Alphakranger doesn't say "thanks" what are going to do, hang him, burn him at the stake? Give the guy a break, I feel his frustration.

Anthem,

My intent was actually to defend him. I thought Imahawki was kind of doing the same. My point was that he probably heard elsewhere that T2s were prone to problems based on a few trolls' input. I've been a victim of trolls before.

The second part of my message was encouraging him to fix the sub in the T2 as it is more musical than my Paradigm. Hopefully he didn't/doesn't take my comments as being directed at him in a negative way. That was certainly not my intent. We definitely want to keep our space positive. Thanks for making us aware how we may have been coming across.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Sorry again - I've got to stop with the attempts at humor. I was needling him a bit for the swipe, not meant to be hostile.

We have built A LOT of speakers that plug into a power outlet, some are going to break. People's receivers, disc spinners, computers, etc., all break occasionally too. PITA. We try to make it quick and painless (free) when it happens, we understand that no one wants to be without their music. So far, thanks to engineering know how and experience, our failure numbers have been enviably low.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 7 months ago

I'd hate to see your "mean" side... :)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• alparkranger's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 8
alparkranger Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Thank you. I meant no disrespect but on rereading I see it sounds harsh. The point was that what I have is what others have also had so I already know what needs to be done. I'll try the dealer I bought them from but I know he is no longer a GE dealer - Fidelis in NH which is a 2 hour drive, I'll see what he says. No matter, the local dealer wanted $150 just to open it up not sure how much the actual repair would be if they don't honor the warranty (gee, I didn't buy the speakers from them and the warranty is expired - why I'm sure it will be no problem...) That's why my original question was about what am I losing with that one sub down when there is the other speaker and a stand alone 12-in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 7 months ago

alparkranger wrote: Thank you. I meant no disrespect but on rereading I see it sounds harsh. The point was that what I have is what others have also had so I already know what needs to be done. I'll try the dealer I bought them from but I know he is no longer a GE dealer - Fidelis in NH which is a 2 hour drive, I'll see what he says. No matter, the local dealer wanted $150 just to open it up not sure how much the actual repair would be if they don't honor the warranty (gee, I didn't buy the speakers from them and the warranty is expired - why I'm sure it will be no problem...) That's why my original question was about what am I losing with that one sub down when there is the other speaker and a stand alone 12-in.

Hi, alparkranger

Your concern is understandable. I'm sorry to hear that your dealer no longer carries GEt products. His loss.(What's with NH??? I looked up GEt dealers while I was there this summer, and wasn't happy with the coverage.) Keep the Moderator Dude in the loop as you search for support getting warranty help in getting your speaker fixed. He means it. GEt is special. They will help you. Getting it fixed is a far better solution than just living with it.

Good luck!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton Twos (one dead sub).