file T2 and Force Field 4 Compaitability _ Integration

• Oceanfast's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Oceanfast Posted 8 years 8 months ago
General question.
I have never owned a speaker w/ an internal powered subW
I know that I need an external SubWoofer, for my large room, intending a 2-way system and a 5.1 Home Theater.

My question is do I purchase a Tower 5 or 7 and a Force Field 4
or
a T2 and a Force Field 4
How do you back out the internal Amp on the T2 when you have GE's subwoofer in the system.
Anyone..?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Hi Oceanfast, and welcome to the forum!
You are looking at building a REALLY great sounding system, pretty much any way you go.
The answer to your question depends on how much bass you like and feel like you need?
You can go with a T 5 or a T 7 and use the FF 4 to fill in the bass. The T 5 MIGHT have enough bass for music, the T 7 might
even be fine for you, IF you don't need much bass. But your receiver or processor can manage the bass for you to put the bass
on music into your FF4 sub.
BUT, if you really like bass on music and movies like I do, I have the T 2s as well as the FF5 sub. I have my processor sending the T 2s a full range signal and also have the LFE input on the 2s hooked to the sub output on my processor. I have two outputs, so one goes to the FF5 sub and one to the LFE input of the T 2s. That is set up in my processor to get lots of bass when I play music AND lots of bass
for movies.
You really cannot go wrong!!!!!
Please let us know what you get and how it works for you. Ask any questions you have here.
Enjoy building your system,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Oceanfast,

Welcome to the forum. Great first question and one that comes up frequently. Wayne has already covered down on the topic pretty well. I'd start with the Triton Two+ and see if you want and/or need additional subwoofer support. I have the T1s and found them sufficient on their own without additional support. I have a large room and properly calibrated, I had plenty of headroom with the T1s to increase my LFE. My gain knobs on my T1 amps are set around the 1 o'clock position and my receiver is at about -14 dB for level control.

Now, like Wayne and many others in the forum, I love bass! Adding an additional sub behind my primary listening position was a real plus! I love the effect of having the 360 degrees of bass and the tactile feel of having a sub directly behind me.

So, my advice would be to start with the T2 or T2+ and see how that works first and then add the additional dedicated sub later if you feel like you want additional bass. You've got a lot of really good choices with GET and any of them will sound great. Audition as many as you can and pick what works/sounds best for you.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers T2 and Force Field 4 Compaitability _ Integration