file RCA Connector Size on Triton 2 LFE Input

• bcms6's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
bcms6 Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by bcms6. info_outline
About 1.5 years ago the amp board was replaced on my right Triton 2 tower. I just obtained a set of blue jeans cable subwoofer cables with the tight fitting Canare connector on both ends and the cable won't fit on the LFE input of the tower that had the amp replaced. I tried both ends of both cables and can't get it on even with significant force. I have no issue connecting them to the left speaker's LFE input. It seems the issue is that the outer diameter of the RCA plug on the repaired speaker is larger than that of the original speaker. Other looser fitting cables can be made to fit on the repaired speaker.

Anyone else bump into this issue and know what the solution is?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 6 months ago
That's a new one. I can see the replacement part having a different connector, but not a different SIZE connector. The shield that doesn't fit over the connector, can it be expanded a bit? If you can't make it work you can see your dealer about getting a replacement input panel.

• bcms6's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
bcms6 Posted 9 years 6 months ago
The connector is the following: www.bluejeanscable.com/store/subwoofer/index.htm

As you can see from the pix on that page, it cannot be expanded. I will work with the dealer on this now. Thanks.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers RCA Connector Size on Triton 2 LFE Input